FIFA plan changes to transfer & loan system. How will this impact City?

Maly

The committee, which was commissioned by world football's governing body, is believed to be ready to propose a cap on agents' fees, which would see selling clubs limited to paying agents 10 per cent of the fee they receive for selling a player.

It will also be recommended that clubs be limited to eight international loans in or out of the club from the 2020/21 season, which would then fall to six two years later.

Their final recommendation is that only three players be able to move between the same two clubs in a single season.

The committee believes a cap on loans would prevent clubs from hoarding players while ensuring a player's development is prioritised over commercial gain.

Looks like a way to hinder CFG in my humble opinion.

The committee, which was commissioned by world football's governing body, is believed to be ready to propose a cap on agents' fees, which would see selling clubs limited to paying agents 10 per cent of the fee they receive for selling a player.

It will also be recommended that clubs be limited to eight international loans in or out of the club from the 2020/21 season, which would then fall to six two years later.

Their final recommendation is that only three players be able to move between the same two clubs in a single season.

The committee believes a cap on loans would prevent clubs from hoarding players while ensuring a player's development is prioritised over commercial gain.

Looks like a way to hinder CFG in my humble opinion.

I agree and that was the opinion expressed by whichever of Hawksby and Jacobs on Talkshite is the Chelsea fan.

I've been trying to get my head around the detail. As I read it, it only applies to players 22 or over which might be a sustainable argument in terms of stockpiling players but it's definitely an assault on our business model.

Will hardly effect us if the age group mentioned is the cut off.
Ah, didn’t see anything in the report I read there was an age limit. Might as well close the thread if that’s the case!!!

not really. Just get signed direct to Girona or whoever else we add to the group in the next few years.

Besides, apart from a select few, most have been a waste of money.

This year we have 24 "international" loans. Out of those I can pick 8 in Palaversa, Muric, Sandler, Nmecha, Porro, Meshino, Gomes & Correia as ones of genuine potential, the rest are just filler or marketing opportunities that very rarely come to fruition for lads we're stuck with.

If, as rumoured, we add someone like Anderlecht to our portfolio then we have another club of sufficient stature to attract kids straight away, under the guidance of Vinnie.

not really. Just get signed direct to Girona or whoever else we add to the group in the next few years.

Besides, apart from a select few, most have been a waste of money.

This year we have 24 "international" loans. Out of those I can pick 8 in Palaversa, Muric, Sandler, Nmecha, Porro, Meshino, Gomes & Correia as ones of genuine potential, the rest are just filler or marketing opportunities that very rarely come to fruition for lads we're stuck with.

If, as rumoured, we add someone like Anderlecht to our portfolio then we have another club of sufficient stature to attract kids straight away, under the guidance of Vinnie.

The rules as reported only apply to players over 22 and loaned out internationally. It would barely effect us at all.

At 22 or older, you really shouldn't be being loaned out to different clubs every season
As an example , I didn't understand why Denayer accepted loan after loan, rather than settling at a club
Being on loan isn't easy as you're not permanent and you're competing with someone who is and probably has a number of friends within that squad

I think this is aimed as much at Chelsea as anyone, they were taking the piss with 39 out on loan. I've no problem with it even if it does impact us a bit, most of the players "on loan" will never get near our first team.

just sell them for £1 and buy them back for £1 pre-agreed.

The limit between the same clubs is more of an obsatcle, just means more clubs are needed to trade with.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out but there should be rules against teams hoarding players even if it's detrimental to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.