Owner of next door wants to chop down joint chimney stack

Nightmare Walking

I have a little terraced house with a chimney stack I apparently share with my next door neighbour. I still have my chimney breasts but do not have any gas fires in the house. The bloke who owns next door wants to remove the chimney stack. Now I know absolutely nothing about building work or out like that and was wondering if anyone has any advice about the pros & cons, plus the legalities.

I have a little terraced house with a chimney stack I apparently share with my next door neighbour. I still have my chimney breasts but do not have any gas fires in the house. The bloke who owns next door wants to remove the chimney stack. Now I know absolutely nothing about building work or out like that and was wondering if anyone has any advice about the pros & cons, plus the legalities.

Speak to a party wall surveyor. I would not be taking it out.

What happens if you want a gas fire in the future, I wouldn't let him tbh, could also affect the value of your house, if a new buyer wants a gas fire.

I have no idea mate.

I will not be paying a penny for anything mate. Its him that wants to do it. My concern is that I plan to sell my house next year and I am a little worried this may have an effect.

Tell him no. If it's crumbling, falling apart, let him re build it. I see no reason to taking it down unless he plans on putting an addition on and it's in the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.