#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus should play LW some times to rest Sterling. He’s good there also and works hard.

Whether it's on the left of a three, or alongside Aguero up front, I think we need to find a way for Jesus to be more involved in the big games. His performances merit it. We can't afford to risk him getting restless and wanting to leave, especially if Sane still wants to move to Munich.

Whether it's on the left of a three, or alongside Aguero up front, I think we need to find a way for Jesus to be more involved in the big games. His performances merit it. We can't afford to risk him getting restless and wanting to leave, especially if Sane still wants to move to Munich.

He reminds me a bit of Andy Cole in the fact that he needs a few chances to get his goal. You look at Sergio in a goal-scoring opportunity and you know it's going in. I don't quite get that same feeling with Jesus. Hopefully, a run of games will change my mind.

He reminds me a bit of Andy Cole in the fact that he needs a few chances to get his goal. You look at Sergio in a goal-scoring opportunity and you know it's going in. I don't quite get that same feeling with Jesus. Hopefully, a run of games will change my mind.

Well, there’s two problems. One is that you’re comparing him to the greatest striker in English football history and your second is the wildly unrealistic expectations.

Well, there’s two problems. One is that you’re comparing him to the greatest striker in English football history and your second is the wildly unrealistic expectations.

Its an unrealistic expectation to expect a striker for one of the best teams in world football to score more often than not in goals scoring opportunities?

Its an unrealistic expectation to expect a striker for one of the best teams in world football to score more often than not in goals scoring opportunities?

Well we can add a third problem. Ignorance. He does score goals and lots of them. Remember when he first came into the squad with a run of games and benched Kun for a brief period? He was scoring at a higher rate that season. Here's the data.

Minutes to achieve a goal the last three seasons.

Aguero:

Jesus:

Aguero is clearly miles ahead of Jesus in finishing. We all know that. You see his left footed finish for his latest goal? It'll come, just like it did fnuor Raz.

Here's some more data for you. Minutes under Pep.

9804 minutes 95 goals for Kun.

5589 minutes 45 goals for Jesus.

Pretty similar yeah?

I have a suspicion Jesus' ability to maintain possession for a long time in the box could lead to a lot of goals either scored by him or someone else,a that is one reason that I'd like to see Jesus play more often.

Though Agüero might be slightly more clinical individually, if Jesus plays long term, the team as a whole would score more goals, I reckon. He is a night-and-day better than Agüero in terms of his team-play, and I don't think Agüero is night-and-day more clinical. Think he just scores more wonder goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.