Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Stone still plugging it for all its worth. Twice in the last half hour on BBC. He also thinks it was someone else. :)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva's tweet regarding Fernandinho: "We spoke many times about social media when Raheem Sterling made a statement.

"If they, the people, believe Bernardo is this type of player is completely wrong. They judge one joke. I judge three years with him and every day how his friendship is with him [Fernandinho].

"There is nothing more to add. We judge intentions and I judge the intentions of Bernardo. If Bernardo or anyone else did this in my squad I know it is like a joke. Fernadinho is like a brother to him.

And speaking to BBC Sport's Simon Stone, Guardiola added: "If someone is affected, I feel bad for that tweet. But the people who judge Bernardo don't know him.

"He is an exceptional person. He likes to be involved. He is not absolutely guilty. His intention was as a joke.

Pep Guardiola on the anger towards Bernardo Silva's tweet: "Make a focus on other issues, not Bernardo, because Bernardo is not absolutely guilty. His intention was just as a joke. If the people believe he is guilty, Bernardo and Manchester City are open to listen."

Simon Stone still plugging it for all its worth. Twice in the last half hour on BBC. He also thinks it was someone else. :)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva's tweet regarding Fernandinho: "We spoke many times about social media when Raheem Sterling made a statement.

"If they, the people, believe Bernardo is this type of player is completely wrong. They judge one joke. I judge three years with him and every day how his friendship is with him [Fernandinho].

"There is nothing more to add. We judge intentions and I judge the intentions of Bernardo. If Bernardo or anyone else did this in my squad I know it is like a joke. Fernadinho is like a brother to him.

And speaking to BBC Sport's Simon Stone, Guardiola added: "If someone is affected, I feel bad for that tweet. But the people who judge Bernardo don't know him.

"He is an exceptional person. He likes to be involved. He is not absolutely guilty. His intention was as a joke.
He is so outraged he can't even report the correct players lol,someone tell him

Pep Guardiola: "It looks like [the cartoon and Benjamin Mendy]. It looks like. It looks like. It is what it is. It's happened many times. We have to condemn, we have to fight. It happens in stadiums...."

"Just because you have more money, different colours, behaviours, if you were born in this country or another, if you feel a little bit better than others - that is ridiculous. Was it my decision to be born in Catalonia? My mum and dad live there."

"I can only speak for myself, I don't feel special or different because of my colour or social position or because I talk every three days here. I understood that a long, long time ago! I've spoken many times in the three years with Bernardo."

"But I'll say it again, put a focus on other things, not Bernardo. Bernardo's was a simple joke, but if someone is offended, I can understand. It is what it is. Bernardo will learn a lesson, and it will not happen again."

I get why people are saying he is talking too much but he knows what it's like to be called a racist wheras we don't,he is obviously trying to protect bernie

Agreed. I don't think he's handling this great tbh.

Nope. Worst of all worlds. A defence, then a sort of climb down. What he should do is apologise for any offence. Stress it was a mistake not malice then shut the fuck up.

Reactions: Ric
I get why people are saying he is talking too much but he knows what it's like to be called a racist wheras we don't,he is obviously trying to protect bernie
I understand his desire to defend Silva, but Guardiola doubling down on this is making it worse. Not sure what the PR team at City are doing?! This could've been nipped in the bud far earlier with a quick apology from Bernardo for any offence caused.

Reactions: cjn
Do City even have a press officer? Putting aside your thoughts on the actual tweet (please not that again) this has been handled so incredibly poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.