Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so transparent. Even Kick it Out aren't calling for a ban, just education. The press pack are circling, this will end with a lengthy ban.
At least Barnes and kick it out are being sensible,the media can't pick and choose their messages as it suits them,they are the only voices anyone should need to hear
I'm not sure bernie was thinking about the wider audience with his jokes with benny,twitter is second nature to the kids,he jokes with benny in the open which in itself should indicate he had no bad intent,i would rather he say he will conduct further jokes with his mates in private,stick 2 fingers up,someone has to do it
I still come back to the wider issue of people being forced by the masses to say sorry for everything

I don’t agree in any shape or form with anything you are saying.

Pep was being honest and saying exactly how he saw it, and he also showed empathy.

Just because his words were not in the order you thought correct, does not make them incorrect.

You have in your opinion stated his words were incorrect, I am saying that’s not how I read it at all, opinions hey.

Haha. He didn't show any understanding at all in the first press conference. He didn't admit that it could be offensive at all. He said Bernardo had done nothing wrong and left it there. You can't disagree with that, given its literally what he did. Many days later, in a second press conference, he doubled down again, before eventually saying that final line. The order the words are in matters! Of course it bloody does. The order shows context. It shows how things unfold. You can't just ignore that fact. Subtleties in language are important.

Twosips I'm sorry if I am mistaken but I think yourself and a few others are a little privy to what goes on behind the scenes at the club. If so what the fuck are our public relations team being paid for????

Err...ha. How to answer that. If I was to 'guess', I'd say Pep can do absolutely whatever he likes at City. They're totally in thrall to him and genuinely a bit scared of crossing him/rocking the boat as they don't want him to leave. I'd guess Soriano and Txiki probably share very, very similar views on this situation to Pep. Just a guess of course, but it's not a stretch is it? There's no way our comms team are gonna cross that three...which leads us to this mess. If I was to 'guess'.

It's so transparent. Even Kick it Out aren't calling for a ban, just education. The press pack are circling, this will end with a lengthy ban.
Unfortunately I see a ban coming, which is disgraceful.
I’ve read loads of articles on this and reading through the comments from all football fans there’s a large majority that think Bernando has done nothing wrong.
The media though have him guilty as a racist.
Hopefully Bernando and Mendy’s statements sent to the FA will help put this to bed, though I very much doubt it.
The witch hunt is in full swing.

Haha. He didn't show any understanding at all in the first press conference. He didn't admit that it could be offensive at all. He said Bernardo had done nothing wrong and left it there. You can't disagree with that, given its literally what he did. Many days later, in a second press conference, he doubled down again, before eventually saying that final line. The order the words are in matters! Of course it bloody does. The order shows context. It shows how things unfold. You can't just ignore that fact. Subtleties in language are important.
All it proves is if there is enough pressure everyone says sorry in the end to make it go away

The article only says that "incidents of racial abuse on-the-pitch carry a minimum six-match suspension". Clearly doesn't apply to Bernardo's situation.

I'll wager you the bluemoon server that a ban is imposed.

This story has just become so nauseating. A naive tweet that, while didn't cause any offense to Mendy, had undertones of ignorance of racism on Bernardo's part. It wasn't mean spirited but it wasn't the smartest thing to post on social media and a swift apology for any offense caused should have followed. How this thing has taken a life of its own is beyond me and I don't understand how the club have let it get to this point. Just apologise for any offense caused and move on, you don't a degree in PR to understand this, just nip it in the bud and don't try to invoke more dialogue than is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.