Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets face it Bernardo was stupid to think this was just going to be between him and Mendy once he hit the post button.
I believe that he absolutely thought it was NOT an issue, or he wouldn’t have done it. He is a young guy who has grown up in a bubble....first in Portugal, where this is clearly not an issue, then in Monaco, where it clearly wouldn’t have been an issue, and now hypersensitive Britain, where it isn’t an issue to the two guys involved, who have grown up together during their adult lives, first in Monaco, then here!

I’m always amazed when the person who is supposedly victimized says they have not been victimized, then some NGO, quasi-authoritarian organization decides they know better than the victim and demand punishment for no offense meant or taken!!!

Mendy: I wasn’t offended!
KIO: Listen, we will tell you whether you were offended or not, not you! WE are the arbiters of what is and is not offensive, and will be offended FOR you! After all, maybe you are under duress....blink once for OK, twice for HELP! GET ME OUT OF HERE!, but smile if you’d just like us to fuck off and leave you alone!!!
Mendy: Blinks once and smiles, while taking a selfie for this Instagram moment, as KIO runs away into the distance in the background!

Darren Lewis doesn’t on talksport last night he made it sound like Silva and John Barnes we’re both racists
I'd rather smoke 60 cigs a day, sleep on a park bench, sup 12 cans of skol super every morning than listen to that piece of shit dialogue they call a fucking sports radio station, a wumming station more like, so gullible fuckers phone up to stick up for there club.

I believe that he absolutely thought it was NOT an issue, or he wouldn’t have done it. He is a young guy who has grown up in a bubble....first in Portugal, where this is clearly not an issue, then in Monaco, where it clearly wouldn’t have been an issue, and now hypersensitive Britain, where it isn’t an issue to the two guys involved, who have grown up together during their adult lives, first in Monaco, then here!

I’m always amazed when the person who is supposedly victimized says they have not been victimized, then some NGO, quasi-authoritarian organization decides they know better than the victim and demand punishment for no offense meant or taken!!!

KIO: Listen, we will tell you whether you were offended or not, not you! WE are the arbiters of what is and is not offensive, and will be offended FOR you! After all, maybe you are under duress....blink once for OK, twice for HELP! GET ME OUT OF HERE!, but smile if you’d just like us to fuck off and leave you alone!!!
Mendy: Blinks once and smiles, while taking a selfie for this Instagram moment, as KIO runs away into the distance in the background!

Yes but hang on 3 white men are offended & they decide what is & what isn’t.

I just listened to the blue moon podcast & I can’t get over it & um saying no more before I get considered a paid up Nazi. I’m a real liberal, I’m not quick so quick to judge, what the fck has happened.

There is something very wrong with the dept at city that manages press and media relations and there has been for many years.

Where is the fightback? Where is the management of press conferences and such like?

Time and time again our club and the good people who work for it are sneered at, lied about, and outright smeared and what is the club's reply?

We roll out the red carpet and treat these ****s like kings whilst they shit all over our club and its' employees. I'm tired of it.

Our club is weak, scared of its' own shadow and this has to change and change quickly.
tbh, I quite prefer the silent approach, it shows much more refrain and not dropping to their level

British press demonstrating just how much they despise us again today. City need to toughen up and put a few of those charlatans in their place.

We’ve needed to do this for years. This is why this is still rumbling on because we let them get away with all sorts of shit.

Liverpool allegedly hack illegally into a rival’s databases and it’s hardly been reported in some outlets such as the BBC yet a (Ill advised) tweet between mates is blown all out of proportion.

Spot on Sir.

John Barnes got plenty of racist abuse back in the bad old days and well done to him for speaking out on the issue, he usually calls these issues pretty fairly. Infact he once turned up at a Liverpool Xmas party dressed as a KKK bloke, thought that was an excellent response to the idiots. Maybe he can attend his racial awareness course with Bernado dressed the same.

'People aren’t looking to learn from Barnes, but instead hear something which soothes their qualms and makes them feel their own behaviour is more acceptable. His work allows those who never seek to understand the cause, function and power of racism to go about their day.'

This is from a piece a couple of days ago by Carl Anka in The Athletic.

Barnes, who effectively told Jadon Sancho to shut up because he's not experienced real racial discrimination and defended Peter Beardsley as having a bit of banter, speaks for himself and not many others.

He's a man who, for whatever reason, has been selected as Sky Sports' mouthpiece whenever they need to wheel out a black man to get a certain take on a certain topic. The fact that he's in a privileged enough position where he can lie in his nice bed in his nice house and give these statements live on the news about Sancho not experiencing real racism because he's a privileged footballer reminds me of the equally tone deaf quotes from Samuel L. Jackson on Daniel Kaluuya a couple of years back.

John Barnes isn't a spokesperson for black people and he's not particularly sharp either. Some agree with him and many don't but, either way, I really wouldn't be using him as a yardstick for reason on the issue.

But I appreciate certain people want to see him as a full stop on the discussion.

There is something very wrong with the dept at city that manages press and media relations and there has been for many years.

Where is the fightback? Where is the management of press conferences and such like?

Time and time again our club and the good people who work for it are sneered at, lied about, and outright smeared and what is the club's reply?

We roll out the red carpet and treat these ****s like kings whilst they shit all over our club and its' employees. I'm tired of it.

Our club is weak, scared of its' own shadow and this has to change and change quickly.
100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.