Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we assume everyone in the dressing room is 100% on side with the way this has been handled? Bold take.
You may think it’s a bold take. I don’t think it’s remotely bold. They are footballers who know each other and will spend the entire time taking the piss and having banter with each other.

Not professionally offended social media wankers.

Last edited:
Spot on. It’s the club’s handling of this that has infuriated me as much as anything. Pep has been left to defend something he doesn’t quite understand in a second language in front of the media a lot of whom aren’t exactly predisposed to do him or the club any favours.

I honestly thought we were smarter and more professional than this. Seems I was wrong.

It's cos the staff dare not to cross Pep. No one does at City. It's a shame and it's silly but yep... he's literally the most important man there and they want him totally happy. Ironically being a bit more hands on may have been the best way to ensure he remains happy as he was not prepared for dealing with this at all.

We are living in an era where the powers that be don’t actually want to solve the issue of racism, sexism and homophobia. To do so would take courage, losing a lot of money and making some unpopular decisions.

Instead, they want to appear to be seen as solving the issues so they will make the most out of situations like this to ‘send a message’, whilst doing very little about real racism.
Frustrating isnt it. More column inches written about this Bernardo thing than actual racism last few days

I fully understand Sterling coming out in recent months about racism & the media attention it has received but a lot of people have totally miss understood the Bernardo tweet.
There is a major difference between being a racist & saying that someone looks like a cartoon character. If it was a white person he was compairing not one single word would have been said. Lets get this into perspective.

You may think it’s a bold take. I don’t think it’s remotely bold. There’s are footballers who know each other and will spend the entire time taking the piss and having banter with each other.

Not professionally offended social media wankers.

I said how it has been handled. By the club and to a certain extent by Pep. Not how players will interact with each other. They know each other, bad bits and the good bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.