Everton (a) Post-Match Thread

Had Gundogan tapped in and then Jesus scored, game over. Need to score two quick goals there to shut their crowd up, or even better turn them against their own team.

Still absolutely baffled why Pep feels he needs to rotate players before Champions League games against average teams, today was much more important than Tuesday, just like Norwich was more important than Shakthar.

Defence was so ropey, a corner is basically becoming a clear cut chance against us. Gundogan says he feels he’s better as a #8 than #6, but not showing it at the moment. Zinchenko and Otamendi in particular are not up to it at the moment.

The Jesus offside thing is becoming beyond a joke, I just assumed he was offside for the goal. Mahrez MOTM, him and KDB only ones who helped take the pressure off 2nd half. Aguero excellent when he came on.

Not a great performance game could’ve gone either way, still could’ve been avoided I think if we’d picked our strongest team. Hopefully Mendy will be established again as first choice after the international break.
FFS, go and have a wank or something to cheer you up

Pretty poor performance but looking at the positives Mahrez was top class, Ederson made a couple of unreal saves, De Bruyne's assist was a worldy and Aguero was shit hot when he came on.

Great 3 points. By no means pretty, and some shocking defending. Eddie's saved us big time. I don't give two shits if we win ugly. If we can plug the gap before laporte,stones, and Leroy return, then that's title potential. Ideally, we get back to full strength, as dippers have their injury setbacks.

We can say Mahrez has definitely arrived. The string of games where he was to his best when starting. ZInchenko has shown why he is the first choice for Pep, he might not be the quickest, but his positioning is impeccable in both attack and defence. Everybody played well against very motivated Everton, who should be fighting for the top 6 if arsed like this afternoon/evening. And Eddie...just wow!

Obviously fishing

Tough fought win away at Everton, so much for them "rolling over for City" as the Liverpool fans were moaning about all week.

We weren't at our fluent best on the ball but Everton worked their socks off to make sure our players didn't get too much time with it. I'm not sure why sky wanted to insist it was more City being off it than Everton raising their game, I'd have said it was some of both and probably more of the latter if anything. They'd have taken points off a lot of teams with the game they played tonight.

Even still, had Sterling been on form, he'd have had a hatrick and a couple of assists to go with it. I was going to criticise him but it was just one of those days where passes and shots weren't coming off like they normally do but he kept going, didn't shy away from the ball and got his goal.

Zinchenko being able to be got at with pacey attackers is hardly a revelation either, most teams already target him, he gives his all with what he can offer for the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.