Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
sterling7 on @BernardoCSilva tweet: "It’s a situation no one needs. It’s a situation between two friends, Bernardo and Mendy. I can see how some people can get touchy feely on it. I feel in that situation, Bernardo made a joke to his friend..."

"He’s not referred to his skin colour or lips. They’ve both got small heads. The most important thing he hasn’t referred to a colour. Everyone can see Mendy is a black lad, you’ve got to be proud to be black as well..."

"If someone refers to our skin colour with an image, you can’t be upset about it. We know what colour we are. It’s really sad to see someone like Bernardo be down all week about it, when it’s not inclined in that way..."

"I can understand where the criticism has come but it was no way intentional, not because they’re my teammates, it’s the way I feel. Bernardo is deeply sorry and not in the wrong for me..."

@sterling7 on how the club have handled the Bernardo Silva situation: "The club, as I always believe, would handle the situation right. The sooner the FA understand this was no way intentional or discrimination [the better]. He tried to make a joke..."
Great words again from Raheem, put together with the views of another Jamaican born England international you have two of the highest profile victims of racism in this country telling everyone that this isn't yet lots of white people continue to be offended?

As I say you are entitled to your opinion and I have no issue with that, and despite the insulting nature of your responses to my posts I will not be drawn into a personal slanging match with you. Indeed I would have been more than happy to debate any difference in opinion in a respectful if forthright manner.

I will however say that your claim of my having no understanding of the matter would seem to be someway wide of the mark given I am pretty confident that I have experienced prejudice and ill educated comment beyond anything you have and done so for several decades, and therefore am quite capable of commenting in an informed manner born from personal experience. Clearly my views on this incident are not at odds with many posters on this forum. Having now seen Raheem Sterlings take on the matter I am even more happy to further that claim. Does he now fall into the John Barnes category of some comic book traitor to the cause that you seem to imply?

Anyway feel free to put me on ignore if you dont like my views, again that is your right of choice.

I don't want to put you on 'ignore'.

You haven't qualified any of your points with 'experience', just opinion.

If you have related experiences, state them, so you can make me look an idiot.

My skin colour makes me more qualified to offer an opinion, just like Raheem, whom I don't disagree with.

All this shit was AVOIDABLE.

Karen, the SECOND video is all in context about his skin colour.

I suggest you watch the other media offering from Bernardo.
I have watched everything,the video is not new,it's old,it has been out there for ages and no-one has made a big deal out of it till now,the tweet is new,i have also watched every word pep has said now raz,i'm content that it was naive to put it on social media but then i'm a FOC and not a social media user,barr city stuff but that bernie wasn't being racist or insulting,him and benny joke a lot,the players joke a lot,all of them,i dare say they take the piss out of kev's lily white skin,he is a daywalker after all,i feel like you want to expand the issue,that is your right but i just don't get it

Would this classify as racist abuse?

Because the minimum ban used to be 4, yet Mario was banned for 1.
You asked when the minimum was raised to 6 & I just happened to have read this.

I'm not sure if this only relates to on field incidents though, which could explain lesser bans

You and others are continually missing the point. It’s no wonder this thread is six million pages long. People have taken offence specifically because of the cartoon character Bernardo chose and the history behind it. He didn’t compare Mendy to Carl from The Simpsons
How many people do you think knew the history of it before being offended?

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.

It sounds to me that Raheem handled it perfectly and was probably the right person to send out to comment. If they hadnt the media and the offended brigade would have probably invented somekind of headline suggesting Raheem had disowned Bernado on account of his racist ill educated views. These idiots have no depths they would not descend to and Raheem would most likely then had to issue all kind of denial and been dragged into the midst of the issue. His interview will hopefully have nipped that in the bud.

WTAF???

Your 'mate' would be telling you face to face, i.e, privately.

If he said the same thing on a world wide megaphone, do you think everyone would be cool with the same 'joke'??

Use your fookin' brain!!
I meant in the same way that Bernardo did you clown. Nobody can tell me how to think and what is and wha5 isn’t anti Semitic when it’s aimed at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.