Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should pep say? bernie purposely went out of way to offend half the world on twitter? it was a joke between mates,that is a fact

No but by him keep on stating the obvious over and over he isn't doing Bernardo any favours. I'm a long term Blue and It makes me uncomfortable and I'll tell you how it sounds from my perspective. " Hey it's a joke between friends, I don't understand all the fuss, surely people have more important things to worry about." It smacks of arrogance and a lack of understanding and empathy, that lots of people have been on the receiving end of such 'Jokes' and had to give a sickly smile and suck it up. Also Bernardo being a famous footballer using such a joke makes it somehow acceptable when whatever the innocence behind it it isn't. Anichebe was spot on in his comments.

It doesn't give me any pleasure writing this but if that's how it makes me feel as a blue then I can imagine how others are viewing it.

The club should have called a press conference as soon as this shit started. Pep, Bernardo,possibly Mendy and whatever knob is supposed to be head of our PR department. No questions just a statement from Bernardo that he is sorry if his tweet caused any offence, it was never his intention, but in light of today's problems with racism in hindsight he can see how it could have upset some people and for that he apologises if that has been the case. He denounces racism in any shape or form and will be careful in what he puts on social media in the future. Job done. Mendy could say similar.

Instead it has rumbled on and on with no real explanation or even a word from Bernardo or Mendy which has made it a hell of a lot worse.

I have watched everything,the video is not new,it's old,it has been out there for ages and no-one has made a big deal out of it till now,the tweet is new,i have also watched every word pep has said now raz,i'm content that it was naive to put it on social media but then i'm a FOC and not a social media user,barr city stuff but that bernie wasn't being racist or insulting,him and benny joke a lot,the players joke a lot,all of them,i dare say they take the piss out of kev's lily white skin,he is a daywalker after all,i feel like you want to expand the issue,that is your right but i just don't get it

If a White/ red haired person wants to find jokes about lily white skin offensive in public setting, I'm sure they will.

If a Black person finds a pot bellied Black character drawn with fat lips offensive in a public setting, I'm sure they there will.

At City, the difference being if EVERYONE is on the joke about KDB being a 'daywalker' and not everyone is in on the same joke about Mendy.

I don't want to expand the subject, I've been super consistent with what I've been saying and I can't explain it any more to anyone who can't see the context.

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.
Raheem spoke exceptionally well, articulate, eloquent - none of the typical English Prem players cliche ridden rubbish. What was noticeable was that they let him talk and talk without interruption. Clearly, they were waiting for a slip-up to pick him up on, but he was clear thinking. Perhaps City should put Bernardo and Benjamin up for TV interview together. Wouldn't suit TV though, as it would put a lid on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.