Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite happy to retract my words on a lack of intelligence if that's, indeed, what I did.

With that said, I would expect you to understand that a mate said to you for your consumption, a joke that discredited you for your amusement; that would be for your ears only.

If you had other people, without your particular strength of being, hearing the same 'joke' internationally, would you not understand the offensive stance that they might take even if YOU, yourself, laughed your head off...??

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this is not common sense...?

And, by the way, I personally would back you to the hilt on your condition.

I do get what you are saying in respect of things said to me that I will take on the chin but will get on my high horse about if said to others in a similar position, cant deny that.
I am not sure that I am particularly strong though it has been suggested, I see it as just what I have had to put up with and maybe people just being nice. I really dont know.

I am afraid common sense is clearly not as obvious to all as I THINK (not know) as it is to me, and I can assure you I am quite capable of saying and doing some exceptionally dense things, so I will humour myself. On that basis I can empathise with Bernado having a brain fart and putting such a daft if innocent thing on social media, which I hasten to add I view social media as the work of the devil, but that probably because I am a mid 50s Victor Meldrew.

From my heart I can tell you solely on our exchanges this evening that you would have my back over the conditions which I have to do battle with. Not a shadow of doubt.

My fear over these kind of incidents is that the way they are dealt with can create fear and thus divisions and potentially cause the undoing of much good work done both in sport and in society in general that has seen some terrific progress we have made from the dark days of the 70/80s where ignorance was almost endemic. Sadly there will always be some right twats of various creeds colours and religions and I doubt that will change but live in hope that by people having the opportunity to meet communicate without fear they will become a smaller minority than they are now.

Oh is that your point??

They must care about something if they've apologised to the FA, mates or not.

However, your post is much the same as others, so I suggest you take in the thread maybe 20 pages back to see your answer.

Toodle pip, fella.

They may care about something, but its not your opinion. Much like me.

It's pretty easy to understand why people may have an over the top emotional reaction to something they don't like, and get offended over it. People shouldn't be criticised for being emotional, even if it's what you might believe to be unwarranted.

I mean, I reckon a good number on here calling out the snowflakes for being offended are also the same people that are in the match threads showcasing the emotional maturity of toddlers and getting offended by something as trivial as a misplaced shot.

Sterling says he understands why there was criticism. Doesn't mean he agrees with it. How many here understand why there was criticism?

I do get what you are saying in respect of things said to me that I will take on the chin but will get on my high horse about if said to others in a similar position, cant deny that.
I am not sure that I am particularly strong though it has been suggested, I see it as just what I have had to put up with and maybe people just being nice. I really dont know.

I am afraid common sense is clearly not as obvious to all as I THINK (not know) as it is to me, and I can assure you I am quite capable of saying and doing some exceptionally dense things, so I will humour myself. On that basis I can empathise with Bernado having a brain fart and putting such a daft if innocent thing on social media, which I hasten to add I view social media as the work of the devil, but that probably because I am a mid 50s Victor Meldrew.

From my heart I can tell you solely on our exchanges this evening that you would have my back over the conditions which I have to do battle with. Not a shadow of doubt.

My fear over these kind of incidents is that the way they are dealt with can create fear and thus divisions and potentially cause the undoing of much good work done both in sport and in society in general that has seen some terrific progress we have made from the dark days of the 70/80s where ignorance was almost endemic. Sadly there will always be some right twats of various creeds colours and religions and I doubt that will change but live in hope that by people having the opportunity to meet communicate without fear they will become a smaller minority than they are now.

I respect you, your position and your post.

We have come to census of agreement now we understand each other. I'm 49, so not far from where you are, and yes I have acknowledged how far we've come as a society (I mentioned this in terms of today's TV ads for visual context).

My simple fear was about undoing where we've come to by a stupid msg.

This msg conveys how 'okay' it is for idiots to start racial 'banter' cos these two are okay with it.

I don't want the floodgates opening. It's been a hard fookin' slog to get here as a people as it is.

Ideally, until all people can be on equal footing and KNOW there are things/ boundaries you can't cross, we'll just never grow as a society.

This opinion is probably deemed 'a bit dramatic' for those that have NO CLUE what is like to have the privilege of health or colour, but this is why these msgs should have been done privately.

What is happening with the world nowadays ? you can't even make fun of your buddies anymore the "social justice" tries to always find things where doesn't exist . Bernardo is an incredible person everyone who knows him say how humble and respectfull he is ! and even Mendy himself didn't feel offended about the joke ... What is funny is that recently i find a video where Neymar sayed that Suárez call him guess what ? Conguito ... And yep neither Neymar felt offended , wich makes me wonder How this was never taked as racism ? This is the same thing but in a different scenario ... Link to the video : At 20:35 you can hear It unfortnaley i didn't find the video with english subs but you can understand clearly that the nickname the Suárez gived to him was Conguito..

I respect you, your position and your post.

We have come to census of agreement now we understand each other. I'm 49, so not far from where you are, and yes I have acknowledged how far we've come as a society (I mentioned this in terms of today's TV ads for visual context).

My simple fear was about undoing where we've come to by a stupid msg.

This msg conveys how 'okay' it is for idiots to start racial 'banter' cos these two are okay with it.

I don't want the floodgates opening. It's been a hard fookin' slog to get here as a people as it is.

Ideally, until all people can be on equal footing and KNOW there are things/ boundaries you can't cross, we'll just never grow as a society.

This opinion is probably deemed 'a bit dramatic' for those that have NO CLUE what is like to have the privilege of health or colour, but this is why these msgs should have been done privately.

Totally agree with all of that.

I guess if we keep this thread going to about 1500 pages it will give the media more ammunition to keep firing at our club maybe until one of our best players gets banned or something, but hey, we may lose the title but we could maybe lift the moral high ground trophy ?

If Raheem posted a tweet comparing KdB and Tintin would that be considered racial stereotyping?

of course not because skin colour wont come into it, only the physical features that make up the similarity will be noted. Unfortunatley when it comes to black or is it person of colour, I dont know my friend personally hates being called a person of colour as it dilutes his racial background he is african black and proud of it, people can not see past colour. those people are generally the ones shouting the loudest about racism but fail to see they are the ones that are making skin colour an issue.

I guess if we keep this thread going to about 1500 pages it will give the media more ammunition to keep firing at our club maybe until one of our best players gets banned or something, but hey, we may lose the title but we could maybe lift the moral high ground trophy ?
Strange post. Do you think if we lock or remove the thread then the story will just go away?! What’s the point in having a City forum if we can’t discuss one of the most topical subjects currently surrounding the club, even if it might be a bit uncomfortable at times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.