Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that how you move with the times?

there are two separate issues

1, the merciless witch hunt of a man city player by the british media
2, the continued use of a racial stereotype character by a spanish company largely ignored by the british media
But only 1. Is relevant to this precise issue and media trial of Bernardo. Unless you think Bernardo was well aware of 2.
If we all take a step back, intent is the crux of this.

Did he expand on what he was offended about.
He's rising the ranks of anti-city pundits quickly. Plus he's a shit co-commentator.
He blurted out later in the exchange that he is offended,it smacked of saying it to get in line with the sky script,they were a disgrace yesterday,the whole post match was ambushing raz,asking pep about it again then saying pep should stop talking about it,a black ex everton player saying it is racist,fuck the game analysis,the video is on here somewhere

Let’s be honest - we have at least 3 National Newspapers in the UK - The Sun, The Mail and the Express which are openly racist - They may not use racist imagery, they don’t use directly offensive language but they have a very long history of prejudice. I’m not quite sure where this high and mighty attitude comes from in the UK media.
Boris making racist remarks about women who wear the burka

This has probably previously been posted, but I've just watched peps Friday presser on the city app, and that c#*t Stones from the BBC asked pep what can only be described as a leading question, "Pep, do YOU understand why people are so upset about this tweet?", this was asked for one reason only, to drag pep into being classed as either out of touch or worst still racist, their intentions are so clear, so few questions are football related anymore, wankers each and everyone of them!

Take comfort that Stones a big Rag, has to cover both us and them during a period where their Thursday night, fuckin shite and we're multiple trophy winners.
Plus he's one ugly virgin ;)

But only 1. Is relevant to this precise issue and media trial of Bernardo. Unless you think Bernardo was well aware of 2.
If we all take a step back, intent is the crux of this.

both are relevant in the wider context, the company should stop using that character to promote its product(tough ask i know)
if we all agree bernado was naive albeit innocently in using the character in his tweet then surely by default that creates an issue with the character in itself?

to my mind its not that mendy and the cartoon character look alike(debatable to me in any case) its more about the character itself and what it depicts(just watch the tv advert)
that advert is 40 years old. the new advert has 3 different coloured things, white ,brown and black

both are relevant in the wider context, the company should stop using that character to promote its product(tough ask i know)
if we all agree bernado was naive albeit innocently in using the character in his tweet then surely by default that creates an issue with the character in itself?
It's not up to us to tell other countries what is racist,we are different cultures,nobody is interested in the advert,they are entirely interested, dare i say frothing about a portugese player being racist when he clearly is not

If you want it to. Right now it looks like a baby. I take it, it can't be left at that or how it looks now. There needs to be retribution.
If that's the case then fair enough, now it's been flagged it inevitably needs to go, but unless Bernardo was aware of the characters development, it is of no relevance to his intent.

According to the well informed Steve Bates on Sunday Supplement Benjamin Mendy is so upset with offending Andy Chincliffe that he is changing his name to Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.