Charlotte, North Carolina

Know nothing about the place but good job offer + decent boss + positive frame of mind and you should be absolutely fine.(Assuming family circumstances don’t throw up negatives.)

You need a bit of luck in this life, which often means being in the right place at the right time, then seizing your opportunity.

I have heard she is a good time girl who has been had by all.

Well, come on, we are on page 2 and every reply has been serious, the lace has gone to the dogs.

Spent a week or so there on business, humid as fuck and as a city it didn’t do anything for me, ask for a two week fact finding trip if they want you that badly

I was talking to a patient at work a few weeks ago, he’s a young bloke and was telling me he was a tree surgeon. I asked where he did his training and was very surprised to hear him say The Carolina’s. He said they were lovely people, very welcoming and friendly, love a checked shirt, church, bbq and their NFL. Also said they introduced him to Moonshine :-)

Lived in North Carolina for a year about 20 years ago, very humid from April through September, experienced two monumental hurricanes as well. Great place, great people, very relaxed place to libe and work

Give it a go you wont regret it

One of the fastest growing cities (metro areas) in the United States, which will presumably bring positives and negatives.

It’s for one of the big banks. A former boss has approached me having worked for him previously.

Will be heading over to take a look soon.

Once upon a time I’d have instantly dismissed an opportunity like this, however now kids are older, world seems smaller plus have seen City win everything other than the Champions League

If we didn’t like it we could always come back so feels like there really is nothing to lose
Go for it mate, you only live once.

Lived in North Carolina for a year about 20 years ago, very humid from April through September, experienced two monumental hurricanes as well. Great place, great people, very relaxed place to libe and work

Give it a go you wont regret it
Not quite Charlotte but the Company I used to work for had a facility in Charleston NC. Had the good fortune to go over a couple of times, only there for a week or 2 each time but what a fantastic place.. If I would have been single with no kids I would have pushed for a transfer there. My advice would be give it a go, it sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you .. Like you say above, nothing to lose.. As the poster above said, the area does get it's fair share of bad weather in the hurricane season though..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.