Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FFP point is interesting. The motives of getting clubs to spend within their means is great. For the most part, clubs have managed it. But there have been instances all over Europe where clubs have broken it or skirted round it or whatever but nothing serious will ever be done. Is that right? Of course not, but if it promotes better financial management, it’s no bad thing.

The idea of supporting better financial is admirable, the problem being that it prevents other clubs breaking in with investment, similar to the way in which City did. It's the limitations on investment that are the main problem.

But that reflects more the market that we were shopping in. To use Mane as an example, he’s now played in two finals and won one. If he ever leaves us, he’ll only be looking at a club who’s serious about doing the same. Why would he settle for less if he’s driven to win as many major honours as possible?
Do you think that De Bruyne, for example, would leave City for anywhere other than a proven heavy hitter?
You’re ignoring my point. Big players want trophies, plural, not one in isolation. A lot only leave a club after winning everything they can in a country. But hey the reality doesn’t fit your narrative so carry on regardless saying the biggest trophy is a knockout cup that is sooo fantastic And prestigious it’s popukated by championship standard teams in the early stages and can be won or progressed through by drawing games ala Tottenham last year who actually lost to nearly every opponent they played on route to a final where two teams who haven’t won a domestic trophy in years heaped glory on themselves in a drab affair that was over inside a minute after yet another horrific penalty award.

Also WHEN Mane leaves having won the CL what trophy will he want then??? Probably a domestic title or two. If he only wanted to win the CL surely he’d stay with you as you lot have such a special relationship.

I understand that, but there's a large number of posters that appear to constantly talk about how little they care about Liverpool. Just seems a bit contradictory, that's all.

I post here because I do care about city. I'm not posting to a Brighton forum because I don't care about them in the least.
It’s not ‘how little they care’, it’s how low they feel about Liverpool. I don’t feel it’s contradictory.

you yourself in this thread have shown you don’t know major stuff about your own club - FFP failing twice.
It’s this airbrushing of actual facts and believing bollox that means Liverpool are held in such low esteem.

Eg Packed European nights under the lights - the season after you won a real EC, you had 16000 for a home tie.

It’s not ‘how little they care’, it’s how low they feel about Liverpool. I don’t feel it’s contradictory.

you yourself in this thread have shown you don’t know major stuff about your own club - FFP failing twice.
It’s this airbrushing of actual facts and believing bollox that means Liverpool are held in such low esteem.

Eg Packed European nights under the lights - the season after you won a real EC, you had 16000 for a home tie.

I bet none of them knows that City won the FA Cup before Littlewoods FC, won the League Cup before Littlewoods FC and won a European trophy before Littlewoods FC, although the last one doesn’t count, apparently, because that competition no longer exists.

I understand that, but there's a large number of posters that appear to constantly talk about how little they care about Liverpool. Just seems a bit contradictory, that's all.

I post here because I do care about city. I'm not posting to a Brighton forum because I don't care about them in the least.

I get that you don't believe anything in favour of Liverpool, but do you have any evidence at all to support these claims?

Your first post is correct, at this time liverpool are our main rivals and as long as you remember this is a City forum, then no problem fighting your corner (please don’t use the ‘oil money’ Bullshit though).

Your second post seems to be your blindside, in this post and others you seem to not acknowledge the clear and easily found facts about liverpool’s recent financial problems.

liverpool failed FFP and used the money spent on the non-existent new stadium to get around it, simple truth.

City are at this time completely self sufficient and when we as a club received the initial cash flow injections to get to the position we are now in, it in simple truth was a clear business plan by our owners which has been carried through in complete perfection, a business plan that should be applauded at every opportunity, and would be in any form of business/commerce, but bizarrely is derided at every opportunity in football, hmmm, I wonder why!

I haven’t said one thing about our squad on here. For the record, I wouldn’t swap any of our front three for yours, I would probably swap most of the midfield bar one or two and I’d definitely have Laporte. But it’s not about that. Different squads doing different things. The two can be compared and contrasted without reaching for black and white. They’re two teams playing some of the best football England has ever seen. It’s not a bad thing, you know.
Sorry but liverpool dont play some of the best football england have ever seen. You have as many lucky games (shit goalkeeping, offsides, cheap/non pens,etc) as good. If you get 2 key injuries you are out of the race. But, this great football is a myth, 1 in 5 games maybe you have a very good game. "Champions" league winners? Not won league for 30 years??? How can it be called champs league. Also what percentage of matches did you actually win in the comp? Is there another comp you could win with such a low win percentage?

Been away for the weekend and only just watched MOTD tonight. Scousers doing very well, but there is cause for optimism from a City point of view in that like ourselves their defence is conceding quite a few chances and it is only a matter of time before they drop points imo. The Blades were unlucky not to get a draw and yet again another gk error.

Not for me. I think we've moved beyond the Premier League as our top target.

I would agree with you, but 3 in a row has never been done before so I'm definitely in the 'PL is first' camp for this season. Next season the CL would be my first choice for the reasons you give, if we don't win it this year.

I bet none of them knows that City won the FA Cup before Littlewoods FC, won the League Cup before Littlewoods FC and won a European trophy before Littlewoods FC, although the last one doesn’t count, apparently, because that competition no longer exists.

same applies to the Div 1 Championship as it relates to the main prize in English domestic football. Its now the accolade given to the winners of the 3rd tier of English league football. If they want to disregards a Cup Winners Cup win because it no longer exists as a competition we should maybe consider the same applies to their Div 1 winners trophies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.