Should we swap Fernandinho and Rodri?

Really? Have you seen the stats? Most shots on target against us in two or three seasons. Eddy made 3 or 4 excellent saves. Hopefully Stones will be back by the Liverpool game. That defence against the dippers' front three is not a comforting thought.

If he's still out I can see Pep going with the back 3 for that game only.

No, but in tough games (especially away), perhaps we should play them along side each other.

No,dinho's mistake gave them the goal yesterday but he has to learn that position,we are expecting too much of him,rodders is stil settling in the middle,leave him there

Aside from Ederson needing to produce 3 blinding saves yesterday, everything is sweet.

We could very easily have come away with dick all yesterday a 3 year old could see that.

Rodri is too slow and not aggressive enough to be a CB.

He’s purely ‘a Busquets’ and very very good in that role.

Fern will be fine at CB at home but I wouldn’t play him there in tricky away games.

In those trickier games I would use Walker as the 2nd CB and use Cancelo at RB.

Or I’d bite the bullet and go with Garcia as the 2nd CB.

You don’t put a square peg in a round hole in a tricky game.
He’s paid to make blinding saves, that’s why we went out and bought one of the worlds top keepers. Nobody comes out of a game sarcastically saying “aside from sergio needing to produce 3 great finishes everything is sweet” so why say it about a keeper.
Cudda wudda shudda come away with nothing blah blah blah. We won and deservedly so. Even a 3 yr old could see that.

funny reading comments about his lack of pace... set records at atletico for bleep test. never has he looked slow to me

Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit about that. He doesn't look slow to me. He looks pretty quick.

Maybe it's his physique that's confusing people and they're still haunted by memories of Didi Hamann and Javi Garcia

He’s paid to make blinding saves, that’s why we went out and bought one of the worlds top keepers. Nobody comes out of a game sarcastically saying “aside from sergio needing to produce 3 great finishes everything is sweet” so why say it about a keeper.
Cudda wudda shudda come away with nothing blah blah blah. We won and deservedly so. Even a 3 yr old could see that.

He shouldn’t be needing to make 3 saves to deny 3 goals against Everton mate.

Everton had the most shots on goal against us of any team and the most touches in our box of any team for a long time yesterday.

Defensively we didn’t look great yesterday.

If you can’t see that, there’s nothing further to discuss.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit about that. He doesn't look slow to me. He looks pretty quick.

Maybe it's his physique that's confusing people and they're still haunted by memories of Didi Hamann and Javi Garcia

There are some loons on here who think Garcia was a belting player and remember him as some God who made Fernandinho look like Neil McNab. Seriously.

Aside from Ederson needing to produce 3 blinding saves yesterday, everything is sweet.

We could very easily have come away with dick all yesterday a 3 year old could see that.

Rodri is too slow and not aggressive enough to be a CB.

He’s purely ‘a Busquets’ and very very good in that role.

Fern will be fine at CB at home but I wouldn’t play him there in tricky away games.

In those trickier games I would use Walker as the 2nd CB and use Cancelo at RB.

Or I’d bite the bullet and go with Garcia as the 2nd CB.

You don’t put a square peg in a round hole in a tricky game.

I would definitely say Walker at CB is the very definition of a square peg in a round hole...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.