Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

He had an understanding with Nasri that was nothing short of phenomenal that year. Him, Nasri, and Merlin were doing these repeating triangles up the park, one touch passes all the way, each man moving into exactly the space that he was supposed to be in. Opposing defences were dizzied by what was happening. At that point, it was the best football I'd ever seen from a English league side (PL and First Division included). We absolutely smashed Tottenham and Norwich in the late autumn. I was at the Norwich match, I think.
It was one hell of a season for the big man. And those free kicks!

Scored in the semi final v Scum 1-0 and final v Stoke 1-0 to win our first trophy. Single handed made sure we won difficult fixture away at Newcastle on our way to win our first Premier League. David Silva will always be my favourite player, but anybody struggling to forgive cake gate is harsh in my opinion. His agent is a cock, but Yaya is a club legend.

Scored in the semi final v Scum 1-0 and final v Stoke 1-0 to win our first trophy. Single handed made sure we won difficult fixture away at Newcastle on our way to win our first Premier League. David Silva will always be my favourite player, but anybody struggling to forgive cake gate is harsh in my opinion. His agent is a cock, but Yaya is a club legend.

We did win the occasional trophy before 2011 you know even if you have to be an old moaning twat to remember these momentous occasions.

We did win the occasional trophy before 2011 you know even if you have to be an old moaning twat to remember these momentous occasions.
I know. I’m 51 so up to then there was only the a League Cup in my lifetime. My brother who’s 11 years older than me made sure I was a blue, but unfortunately I got the Jim Melrose and Steve Kinsey (Primrose and Flimsy) years. I still have nightmares about us drawing Wycombe Wanderers in the Cup after their league double over us *shudders*.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.