City's New Kits - 2019/20

It’s about time the black & red striped kit made an appearance.
It’s been 7 long seasons since City last wore it.
Less said about Saturday’s kit the better!
Sort it out City.

Apparently the red and black doesn’t sell as much as other colours. I loved the red and black chequered one we had in the mid 80s was the first City shirt I ever had, managed to watch The Keeper on Saturday and the maroon and white stripes they wore in the 56 Fa cup final is very Manchester City that should get another run out at some point.

Is this actually true? It's always mentioned on here, but you always see them at games. Every City fan I know loves the red & black away shirts.
I think the 3rd kit is a monstrosity, and it has looked awful when we've worn it in the last couple of games, but I'd rather wear that than a red and black stripe shirt.

1) We're City, not AC Milan. We don't need to copy anyone.
2) I don't like red.

Number 2 is the deal breaker for me.

Give me maroon with white Pin stripes any day.

If you're a FOC like me then you're probably equally as dubious about the kit we wore on Saturday. However, we have to appreciate that we are not the target market for such things - I've seen a lot of small kids wearing the tutti frutti kit as they are naturally attracted to bright dayglo colours. In that context it probably made perfect sense to Puma and wearing it on Saturday was just part of the marketing campaign. I doubt many 6 year olds will get the Hacienda references in the 'normal' away kit.

I was hoping we wouldn't see it in the Premier league.
That kit we wore at Everton is terrible. I don't believe any of the propaganda about it. I believe it will be a commercial flop in terms of shirt sales. Virtually no City fans are wearing it to matches. Red and Black was hugely popular with supporters and iconic from a time when we won so many trophies in the 60s and 70s.

That kit we wore at Everton is terrible. I don't believe any of the propaganda about it. I believe it will be a commercial flop in terms of shirt sales. Virtually no City fans are wearing it to matches. Red and Black was hugely popular with supporters and iconic from a time when we won so many trophies in the 60s and 70s.

I saw loads of fans wearing it against Watford last week. Most of them looked terrible in it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.