Giovanni van Bronckhorst

By getting his tactics desperately wrong at Chelsea and with the best player in the world. But much of a muchness, I think we generally agree he's a good manager, I just think he's in a league with Mancini not Pep, but who is in a league with Pep? If the club goes for him he'll have my backing and will almost certainly win the league, which you can't complain about, but honestly can't see him being the manager to dominate every season and/or deliver European success.

Re your last point - neither has Pep.

Re your first point - Gerrard slipping had nothing to do with tactics and the dippers were at home not at Chelsea.

Re your last point - neither has Pep.

Re your first point - Gerrard slipping had nothing to do with tactics and the dippers were at home not at Chelsea.

Pep has won back-to-back leagues!

Liverpool were wound up from the first minute, fuming about time wasting and all they needed was a draw! Liverpool should have been time wasting as well and played a 0-0 shit on a stick. Gerrard slipped, but his central defenders were split and the wingbacks were pushing right up the field like they were chasing a game they were losing. I think both he and Rogers have since said the game management was poor.

Rodgers is not poor but I don't think he'll be near the top of the list. Pochettino is probably still the #1, he's got the same Bielsa based style, he's got a track record of improving players under him, he's overachieved with the squad and money he's got and he's got 7 years experience in the league.

Madrid seem locked on a collision course with Mourinho again, so I don't think they'll be in the picture, United are backing Solskjaer, if this is Pep's final year I think Pochettino will be the one.

If it's Pep's penultimate year, things might get more complicated, United and/or Madrid could be back in the picture.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a completely left-field pick either or someone out of Germany. Nagelsmann, Hassenhutl, Roger Schmidt, Ralf Rangnick etc. Maybe even Bielsa.

Whatever happens, Pep will have picked someone out and we won't go wrong if we follow his advice.

Last edited:
https://theathletic.com/1249639/2019/09/30/theres-nobody-better-than-pep-and-arteta/

great read, and

Ercxea2.jpg

hmm.....

Pep has won back-to-back leagues!

Liverpool were wound up from the first minute, fuming about time wasting and all they needed was a draw! Liverpool should have been time wasting as well and played a 0-0 shit on a stick. Gerrard slipped, but his central defenders were split and the wingbacks were pushing right up the field like they were chasing a game they were losing. I think both he and Rogers have since said the game management was poor.

You’re deliberately choosing 1 game to suggest Rogers has poor game management.

It was 4/5 years ago and was one game out of a full season. A season where he ended 2nd just 2 points adrift.

There are numerous times we could say Pep or any other top coach has had poor game management.

Rogers is a very very good coach and I think he would do a great job with the squad we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.