Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both ,were good enough

Why not both? Because I want all four! But if I had to choose only one, it would be the PL.

Not true.

The rags did it from 06/07 to 08/09:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

Doh! I knew that and had a brainfart. Alters the scenario a little, but equaling (and possibly then surpassing) in the domestic league has got to be first choice for me.

That said, I've never been a fan of football being dominated by one team. I didn't like it when it was United, or before that when it was Liverpool, so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and like it now. Although, for obvious reasons I can live with it for the next while :)
I suppose the fact there is a (very) mini level playing field at the top as we can all spend silly money is better, but it's still too much about money.

Sorry but liverpool dont play some of the best football england have ever seen. You have as many lucky games (shit goalkeeping, offsides, cheap/non pens,etc) as good. If you get 2 key injuries you are out of the race. But, this great football is a myth, 1 in 5 games maybe you have a very good game. "Champions" league winners? Not won league for 30 years??? How can it be called champs league. Also what percentage of matches did you actually win in the comp? Is there another comp you could win with such a low win percentage?

Any major team would suffer terribly with 2 key long term injuries. Hardly anybody else in the world has your squad depth. We don’t have the same financial resources as you so have to box cleverer in that area. So to use that as a stick to beat us with is daft and does nothing to advance the discussion.
As I’ve said numerous times above, it’s only your fans who show this disdain and regard for the Champions League. I posted this a few pages back but I’ll post it again - what your manager and club think of the CL and how much they want to win it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ester-city-still-not-ready-win-champions/amp/

Think the best thing is to completely disengage with the Dippers infesting this site, that way they will fuck off earlier than they normally do, IE when they have bottled a lead, again. Here’s hoping the sound of music we hear on Wednesday is from the Salzburg fans and not that karaoke version of Walk On that’s played at the Dipper stadium every game.

This bollocks about beating our eighteen game run by carrying it over to last season is ridiculous. Do teams carry points over from last season? Once the season ends it starts again.

Maybe it's better to refer to them as 2 separate records? Consecutive league wins v consecutive league wins in a season (which is arguably more impressive). I don't think it will matter though as I don't see us beating Leicester, United and Spurs, which is what it would take for the first of these 2 options to change.

Have you actually been involved in or watched many finals? Do you think that all of hen are frenetic, mega skilled masterpieces? The reality is that most are complete non events. We won our 2nd EC against Bruges at Wembley, one boring game indeed. It’s not all sunshine and roses, it’s doing what needs to be done at the right time.
The fact of the matter is that your myopic view of the CL isn’t likely to change anytime soon so best to leave it there. Don’t know why you don’t embrace it - I don’t know one fan of any other team that competes in it that acts like most of you lot. Each to his own though.

I think with the way that Uefa are actively going after City at the moment and leaking what decision they want to happen before any type of hearing takes place irks with a lot of Blues.

Add to that some pretty horrific reffing performances in the home game v Liverpool in 2018 where Sane’s perfectly good goal was ruled out at a crucial part of the game where Liverpool were about to implode. Then add the VAR farce with Spurs last season, then the fiasco where CSKA Moscow were made to play behind closed doors and the City fans who had paid to go to the game never got their money back for.

Add to that an incident in the Europa league when City were fined more money for coming onto the pitch late than Porto were for racially abusing Mario Ballotelli in the same game.

You can surely understand our gripe with the governing body in Uefa in its approach to City and why we feel we won’t get a fair crack of the whip to their buddies in Barcelona and Madrid.

Maybe it's better to refer to them as 2 separate records? Consecutive league wins v consecutive league wins in a season (which is arguably more impressive). I don't think it will matter though as I don't see us beating Leicester, United and Spurs, which is what it would take for the first of these 2 options to change.

Your only tricky game is Leicester. The rags are dreadful and Spur's not much better. We absolutely pulverised them but let in two soft goals and missed a load of chances, the game should have finished ,6-2.

You've made some good points about the CL, and I've had to think about many of them and probably revised my opinion to a small degree. However, you don't seem to be taking on board fully the counter arguments - probably because most are lost in the ranting and bitterness.

Just as a small thing to consider, here's something you said that I don't think you fully appreciate:

... I don’t know one fan of any other team that competes in it that acts like most of you lot. Each to his own though.

It's an invitational showpiece with exclusive access. That's not how I would like to describe what purports to be Europe's top club tournament.

I'm shocked they even mentioned it!

From my recollection I dont think any of our goals last season and this have been down to "goalkeeper error".

Were too fast and don't aim straight for them most of the time.

You are NOT Gary Neville. Any prize to claim ? ;-)

Reactions: mat
I think with the way that Uefa are actively going after City at the moment and leaking what decision they want to happen before any type of hearing takes place irks with a lot of Blues.

Add to that some pretty horrific reffing performances in the home game v Liverpool in 2018 where Sane’s perfectly good goal was ruled out at a crucial part of the game where Liverpool were about to implode. Then add the VAR farce with Spurs last season, then the fiasco where CSKA Moscow were made to play behind closed doors and the City fans who had paid to go to the game never got their money back for.

Add to that an incident in the Europa league when City were fined more money for coming onto the pitch late than Porto were for racially abusing Mario Ballotelli in the same game.

You can surely understand our gripe with the governing body in Uefa in its approach to City and why we feel we won’t get a fair crack of the whip to their buddies in Barcelona and Madrid.

To be fair to Kegler that's probably the first reply he's had that has tried to explain anything rather than just dis the CL. Admittedly some of the dissing we can see as justified, but that's because we know the back story. Much of the rest is about perspective and his is obviously going to be different - and anybody who thinks his perspective is 'wrong' is arguing bollocks instead of explaining.

I’ve not followed the cases closely but I don’t believe that the UEFA agenda is against City singularly, it’s more towards British clubs as a whole. That said, it shouldn’t be ignored or swept under the carpet. All you can do is try to win matches. Not sure you can blame UEFA for not getting your money back for CSKA, that’s down to the club. You paid them for your tickets surely? It was exceptionally bad luck against Spurs in the CL but the correct decision was made. I’m not a big fan of VAR at all even though decisions have gone for us and against us. Used properly and correctly instead of subjectively and without clear purpose, it’d be great. But the rationale that is used is based on one thing - don’t undermine the referee. Well, if they’ve got it wrong, they need to be undermined. Do it properly or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.