City's New Kits - 2019/20

Lot of talk in media/social media this weekend about how terrible it is, all designed to invite more criticism rather than talk about the result.

Yes, it's not one of our best and not one that I would buy but so what?..There are plenty out there that are unattractive like the drab grey ones.

If it was Southampton's kit, would anybody really give a monkey's?

I saw loads of fans wearing it against Watford last week. Most of them looked terrible in it
I am convinced that one of the reasons for United's form away from home is that light pink shirt which is even worse than ours. When you look like shit you often play like shit. I wonder what their players think!

I am convinced that one of the reasons for United's form away from home is that light pink shirt which is even worse than ours. When you look like shit you often play like shit. I wonder what their players think!

Oh I quite like the kit and think it looks fine on the players. It's just civilians over 13yrs old that don't fare so well. I liked the pink united shirt too tbh.

I think the 3rd kit is a monstrosity, and it has looked awful when we've worn it in the last couple of games, but I'd rather wear that than a red and black stripe shirt.

1) We're City, not AC Milan. We don't need to copy anyone.
2) I don't like red.

Number 2 is the deal breaker for me.

Give me maroon with white Pin stripes any day.
I’ve always felt the same about black and red kits.

I have no red in my wardrobe at all, don’t even have red sauce on my burger on a match day.

It’s my least favourite colour.

I’d rather have a diarrhoea brown coloured kit than one with red on it.

That kit we wore at Everton is terrible. I don't believe any of the propaganda about it. I believe it will be a commercial flop in terms of shirt sales. Virtually no City fans are wearing it to matches. Red and Black was hugely popular with supporters and iconic from a time when we won so many trophies in the 60s and 70s.
i hope that 3rd kit is a massive flop, i was hoping to buy it for my 2 boys (both 8 now), came as a full kit last season (shirt/shorts & socks) but now i'll need to buy all separates and it doesn't half bump up the price, maybe i'll need to choose a favourite and the other can have Brian McClair 1990's green n gold, that'll teach him!!!!!!!

Why didn’t we wear sky blue yesterday?

We should wear sky blue all the time unless there’s an actual kit clash.

We always change our kits at Everton and Chelsea but they stay in royal blue at the Etihad.

Occasionally they change (but rarely). Everton wore a navy kit and Chelsea a black one at the Etihad. Vs Everton we both had blue with white shorts on a few times, which is a bit too close. We have worn home kit in these away fixtures, but usually we change into the most garish monstrosity available, especially for Chelsea.

Gone are the days where we’d simply wear the away kit shorts in an away game if the opposition wore white. We’ve even got sky ‘home change’ shorts and could have worn those if the marketing dept. would have let them

I’ve always felt the same about black and red kits.

I have no red in my wardrobe at all, don’t even have red sauce on my burger on a match day.

It’s my least favourite colour.

I’d rather have a diarrhoea brown coloured kit than one with red on it.
I remember watching a programme about a Newcastle fan who wouldn't have tomatoes in the house , his wife had accidently bought some red and white tooth striped paste he went ape shit :+)

Bizarrely. that third kit has grown on me after thinking it was the worst thing I'd ever seen when we wore it on the pre-season tour. Think the whole kit looks okay on the players now. We've certainly had worse and I bet the young kids absolutely love it. Would still be concerned about any grown man wearing it though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.