Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, yes well deduced la, I was indeed inferring to doping. Rawk and Redcafe have threads on us being doped (amongst many other things) so with your 'luck' of not getting injuries makes me wonder. And it made me wonder how Leicester gathered momentum to win the PL with a new manager that signed fairly late in the previous close season(but that's another argument)

It's will be at least 90 years before Liverpool or Spurs win the PL and the PL chiefs do not want to see Manchester City win it for a third time on the trot. Our opening home game to Spurs was obvious of their their plight to stop us with 2 farcial VAR decisions against us!

And as for your new fitness coach making you 4% fitter, fuckin' LOL!

Milner is still running about like the headless chicken he was 10 years ago!

When was the last time a LFC player was dope tested btw?

Brilliant post? I'm just being honest pal.

I sense a patronsing head patting in your reply la: /

RAWK and Redcafe are as representative of us as this place is of you. And there was no patronising or anything like it going on, if players like Aguero or Silva won the Champions League, of course they’d deserve to win it and rightly so. I might not support them or their team, but I respect them as players and what they’ve done. For them to win it would be very fitting. I just hope that we beat them to it, that’s all.
If you don’t believe that small margins like that make a difference at this end of the game then you need to do some background reading. The whole of the elite game is based like that. Why do you think your own club scoured the game to bring in the very best in their professions? If you want to be the best, you’ll do everything it takes to get there, new fitness coach or team doctor or whatever. This is nothing new, top teams have done it for years.

Anything further than the quarters I will be pleasantly surprised. The players have the capability but if you give chances away in the knock outs you will get punished. Son’s finishing for Spurs was laser guided.

Pep went with an extra man in midfield at Anfield but it had no effect as they were swept away within the space of 30 minutes. Long way to go yet think both teams will top their groups commandingly then Spring is where the real fun starts.
It didn't pay off and yet we still could have qualified pending the correct decisions being played out at Anfield and at home.

No point going over old ground again though.....

Fair point. However your club doesn’t need to actively sell whereas our board encourage it. There’s a difference there. There’s rights and wrongs on both sides, it’s certainly not a black and white argument.
There's no rights and wrongs on both sides. I bet you wouldn't see a wrong if you compared Liverpool's spending with Wolves or Villas. You appear to be very selective in your argument.

But on the CL front again, you’re saying everything is stacked against you then lament how easy the group games are and how it’s a procession. You can’t have it both ways.
I think there’s something to be said towards the issue with you & PSG, but I think that’s more indirect racism towards the Middle East gatecrashing the European party rather than direct discrimination to the club. Not necessarily two different sides of the coin though.

FIFA/UEFA is doing the bidding for the established, big clubs. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern München, etc. They sh*t their pants when Chelsea showed what they could do with a smart, strategic business man that was willing to spend. Think about the panic, when the economic superpowers suddenly had to compete for players with PSG, Monaco, City and even some Russian clubs. The financial fair play is a farce, designed to make sure that nobody ever knock the top clubs/companies off their perch.

The condescending attitude from supporters (yes, Liverpool probably have the worst supporters), is just connected to this strange notion that if you have a "history" as a "great club" (whatever that means) somehow entitles you to an eternity at the throne.

City football group had a very smart, strategic plan, to ultimately create revenue and build a successful business. They did it, and now opposing fans are using whatever sticks they can find to try to belittle and provoke.

I don't think there is any racism involved. City simply got too damn good, too damn fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.