Dinamo Zagreb (H) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matchday ticket buyer I've always gone to league games this time of year and gone to a last 16 or QF in the spring. The league tickets are so hard to get 2 or 3 together now, well be going to the Atalanta game instead and maybe the Shaktar, maybe there will be more that can't get to a league game and that will benefit the champions league games.

You're right and that is a benefit of some season ticket holders giving it a miss, it gives other fan's a chance to get to games.

So what? That isn't a great analogy is it? You said it all, we are still trying to recover the two points and have plenty of games to do so. That game we were out, end off. Also many people are season ticket holders so will be there the next game whatever the result of the last one. The champions league is an extra expense, played at night and we keep on getting stiffed in it. From crap decisions, to fines for nothing, to other fans smashing up our team bus with no consequences. All been done to death here and for many we think fuck it.
Exactly.

I’m so glad I didn’t get sucked into the champs cup scheme, right load of bollocks group and complete waste of money.

The only reason to go in the scheme would be to improve chances of a ticket for the final, however firstly I’d be astonished when we ever get to the final, and secondly I’ll take my chances that I can lay my hands on a ticket!

In any job you want to achieve as much as possible. The Champions League is the top club competition not the Premier League so naturally Pep wants it. For players the greatest achievement is winning the World Cup, then the Champions League, then their domestic league. Whatever fans think of UEFA, FIFA, etc that is the order and if we want to continue to attract the very top players we need to be trying to win the Champions League. In fairness, judging by the crowd's support at big Champions League games that is what most supporters want once the booing of the anthem is out of the way.

But Pep has specifically said the Premier league is number one priority, he's said it many many times, including the beginning of this season. Of course he wants the CL, but he now realizes we don't get the VAR calls and you can lose over 30% of your games and still win it, you can't do that and win the Premier league. The CL is a knock out comp, anything can happen, need a bit of luck. We haven't had much luck at all for the big calls in it.

Exactly.

I’m so glad I didn’t get sucked into the champs cup scheme, right load of bollocks group and complete waste of money.

The only reason to go in the scheme would be to improve chances of a ticket for the final, however firstly I’d be astonished when we ever get to the final, and secondly I’ll take my chances that I can lay my hands on a ticket!

The league is our bread and butter, generally played in the daytime at a weekend. The way the champions league is seeded now the group stages are like the early rounds of the league cup, not worth the expense. Most fans know they won't get a ticket through the normal sources if we get there due to the paltry allocation given to finalists. The final is all about the bloated fat cats, a showpiece event where the fans come a poor last.

Good luck to the hardcore fan's who follow the team to every game whoever and wherever we play I salute them. I was the same once.

In any job you want to achieve as much as possible. The Champions League is the top club competition not the Premier League so naturally Pep wants it. For players the greatest achievement is winning the World Cup, then the Champions League, then their domestic league. Whatever fans think of UEFA, FIFA, etc that is the order and if we want to continue to attract the very top players we need to be trying to win the Champions League. In fairness, judging by the crowd's support at big Champions League games that is what most supporters want once the booing of the anthem is out of the way.

Only fans whose teams are not good enough to win the PL claim this

I find it disappointing reading comments about not being interested and not being sucked into Champions league scheme etc.
My team are playing so I am going to watch. That’s it. I don’t care about which competition it is. I don’t care who the opponents are. I care about watching my team, just like I did at Preston last week in another cup that people aren’t bothered about and against poorer opponents.
£45 for three group games. Great value.
It’s everyones personal choice whether they attend or not but it’s almost like if people don’t want to go then they feel the need to justify themselves on here and want no one else to go either.

It doesn't. Fan's will still go, tourist fan's will take my place and others and if we draw a top team we will definitely sell out. If you are making the point that the champions league is important for the reasons you stated I agree. So long as we qualify for it we will attract the fan's, our attendance's the last few years have been pretty good.

Yes, that's what I meant/

Only fans whose teams are not good enough to win the PL claim this

You may not agree with them, but most football fans around the world think the CL is more important. So if City are to achieve the maximum fanbase/commercial exposure that the owners seek, then we have to be seen to be doing well in the competition and preferably winning it from time to time. Now you may argue that it is because we've been unlucky or that UEFA have fixed it against us but any way you look at it we have underachieved in that competition compared to where we are at as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.