Giovanni van Bronckhorst

I wonder if Torrent is being looked at in any regard? Knows the Pep way more than anyone else barring Pep himself probably, and he's showing himself off to be very competent right now in New York.

You’re deliberately choosing 1 game to suggest Rogers has poor game management.

It was 4/5 years ago and was one game out of a full season. A season where he ended 2nd just 2 points adrift.

There are numerous times we could say Pep or any other top coach has had poor game management.

Rogers is a very very good coach and I think he would do a great job with the squad we have.

I'm deliberately choosing the run-in during the only season he got close to win a major trophy!

Not a chance, won’t get any time with the players to implement what he wants.

A sabbatical then a move to Italy, perhaps to AC Milan and try bring back the glory days of Sacchi who is a close friend of Pep. The juventus melt down would be nice as well, especially if he really did bring back the league to Milan.

I like Rodgers, clearly a good manager and I’m sure there were rumours we went for him a few years ago? Big on youth development, plays the right way, won trophies and certainly ticks a lot of the boxes.

Bobby Manc wanted him as a coaching role

If we don’t win the CL under Pep I think Pochettino would see that as a great challenge and a motivator to move here. Seems like we’ll give it to Arteta when the time comes though.

However, don’t rule out Pep staying and signing another contract for a year or two. Work wise he’s in absolute heaven and he’s told work colleagues in Tast less than a month ago that he sees his future at City.

Last edited:
If we don’t win the CL under Pep I think Pochettino would see that as a great challenge and a motivator to move here. Seems like we’ll give it to Arteta when the time comes though.

However, don’t rule out Pep staying and signing another contract for a year or two. Work wise he’s in absolute heaven and he’s work colleagues in Tast less than a month ago that he sees his future at City.

My thoughts exactly. contract extension -:)

However, don’t rule out Pep staying and signing another contract for a year or two. Work wise he’s in absolute heaven and he’s told work colleagues in Tast less than a month ago that he sees his future at City.

The club has been built for him, and he has zero politics to deal with. Even the food and city is a more attractive proposition than it was 10 years ago.

All I know is that regardless of who we get, life won't be quite as good again. We'll be very good, but Pep's the very best. No one can match his level. It's like trying Barca trying to replace Messi. You can't. You just accept it won't be quite as good.

It's like Barca trying to replace Pep! 7 years on and they've never had it as good as they did with him, even with Messi, Iniesta, Neymar and Suarez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.