Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it’s a tight squad and trophies have evolved from it. Nobody would deny it. However my point was that your strategy is simply to add the best young talent and let them flourish to the benefit of their club. We do the same but the difference is that if the blockbuster comes in, our owners think kerching. That said, after replacing Coutinho with Allison & Van Dijk, every Red I know was shocked. Nobody thought we’d reinvest the entire fee on two players. Especially not after we replaced Suarez with Lambert & Balotelli. That’s a big advantage for you having very, very rich owners - other clubs know that huge wages, a factor in all big transfers, can be swatted away with backers like that. The trick is keeping the nucleus together. For you, so far so very good.
What the fuck you on about? "swatted away" your clubs has a higher wage bill and we can only pay them what we earn. Your mask is slipping. The state of your club and fans. Your owners pocket half of your profits and your too thick to even see it. Deluded cultist.

Of course it’s a tight squad and trophies have evolved from it. Nobody would deny it. However my point was that your strategy is simply to add the best young talent and let them flourish to the benefit of their club. We do the same but the difference is that if the blockbuster comes in, our owners think kerching. That said, after replacing Coutinho with Allison & Van Dijk, every Red I know was shocked. Nobody thought we’d reinvest the entire fee on two players. Especially not after we replaced Suarez with Lambert & Balotelli. That’s a big advantage for you having very, very rich owners - other clubs know that huge wages, a factor in all big transfers, can be swatted away with backers like that. The trick is keeping the nucleus together. For you, so far so very good.
You still spending the Coutinho money? that stretched well,why does it matter how rich our OWNER is? we don't pay the highest salaries,we have a strict structure heavily weighted to performance,we don't break the structure for anyone

John Henry has no human rights issues attached to him personally. To suggest that the UAE and Abu Dhabi do not is rather daft.
Again the point I’m making is none of these things affect the daily running of yours or our club. As the game became more and more monetised, so the levels of corruption, deceit, fraud etc have exponentially grown. It’s attached to an awful lot of top level football these days and probably won’t get much better. It seems such a daft stick to try and beat someone with chatting footy, there is absolutely no correlation between the two. Are the issues important? Yes, much more than football. But they’re for a different debate.
Our owner has no human rights offences attatched to him but you and your mates keep implying he has

What the fuck you on about? "swatted away" your clubs has a higher wage bill and we can only pay them what we earn. Your mask is slipping. The state of your club and fans.

Eh? Did you actually read what I said? The point was that City’s wealth is so intimidating that clubs will find it difficult to provide big financial incentives for them simply because they know that they can be matched if they want to keep them. Plus given what they’re doing on the pitch, it’s only a certain kind of club that can go for their players.
This is one of the main reasons (with the footy obviously) that Barca and Real are able to retain their A graders.

Eh? Did you actually read what I said? The point was that City’s wealth is so intimidating that clubs will find it difficult to provide big financial incentives for them simply because they know that they can be matched if they want to keep them. Plus given what they’re doing on the pitch, it’s only a certain kind of club that can go for their players.
This is one of the main reasons (with the footy obviously) that Barca and Real are able to retain their A graders.
pure bollocks. You pay more in wages and agents fees. i thought you had the worlds best keeper, strikeforce and defense? it's amazing how your club can compete with paying such paltry wages, then again we all know Salah and VVD grew up watching every episode of Bread and listening to Sonia.

Our owner has no human rights offences attatched to him but you and your mates keep implying he has

Okay, we can agree to disagree, that’s fair enough. I’ve my own reasons and experience with this but as I’ve done since I’ve been here, I’ve tried to keep to footy. It’s been others that have harped on about Standard Chartered and accused me of going on about oil money as some devil thing. The fact was that Sheikh Mansour turning up at your place was as pivotal as Shankly turning up for us. A comparison agreed on by another City poster.
I know you think I’m here on a wind up, but just here to talk footy. That’s all.

We don't pay the most in wages.
We don't inflate the transfer market buying players because many premier league clubs have spent more on individual players INCLUDING Liverpool (But that's ethical spending right?)
And now "It's only certain clubs that can go for our players" I am waiting for Watford to make a bid for Mane or Salah and for those players and Liverpool to be open to that move.

It's a non argument based on jealousy and spite from a club who bought success and wanted to bring up the drawbridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.