Var debate 2019/20

A referee called players back onto the pitch during half time to award a penalty, in an extraordinary video assistant (VAR) decision in Germany.

Guido Winkmann had already sent the players to their dressing rooms in Mainz’s match at home to Freiburg in the Bundesliga, when he had to call them back out after a handball was spotted on video replays.

A ref called Winkmann, love it, were his linos Nudgemen?

Just caught up on last night's "offside" against the rags, and that all shows how shite the whole system is.

To be fair to De Gea, he's seen the flag go up and stopped trying, which has made Aubameyang's finish easier, and then they've overturned it (correctly).

Linos, refs and VAR all need a rocket

De Gea was a dickhead then if he stopped for the flag, rule #1 is play to the whistle, and why does VAR need a rocket? it did its job correctly in this case

De Gea was a dickhead then if he stopped for the flag, rule #1 is play to the whistle, and why does VAR need a rocket? it did its job correctly in this case

Spot on. Seems some people will tryput a negative spin on VAR even when it works to absolute perfection.

At least var managed to noble the man utd fan with the flag, as there is no other excuse for him to have lifted that flag in the first place, unless he was cheating of course, nobody makes that mistake by accident.

Last edited:
In the Champions League the linesman waits to flag until the goal scoring chance has been taken or missed and the chance has gone. How hard can it be to follow that?

Instead in the PL we have the linesman instantly flag which can affect players concentration and even the ref himself as soon as they notice it.

Sky/BT, the media and fans need to start pressuring for them to actually overrule. They need to start comparing the PL VAR to elsewhere in Europe statistically speaking. I swear to God they better sort this all out next season. Shit... even part way through the season I'd take like Jan 1st.

The linesman last night should be rested for a few games.
To get everything wrong in the offside decision there can be only one conclusion.
A rag #### who forgot var was being used.
They should have drawn a line on the decision just to show how corrupt the #### was.

It makes me feel sick to say it but I thinbk United fans have every right to be pissed off after last night.
Players have spent years reacting to a flag and it's impossible not to be affected by seeing it raised in a passage of play.
De Gea and one or two defenders all stopped - wrongly but understandably.
I'm a VAR fan bu that was a bloody mess.

Now I'm off for a lie down...

...That said, the flag shouldnever have gone up in the first place.
10 years ago we'd have had to listen to old bacon face going on about how 'they even themselves up over the course of a season' even though it was strangely 95% in favour of the rags both home and away !

I hate the fact they now check every goal unless its a team in red on the premise of looking for a reason not to allow it.

For offsides I am thinking the linos should have 2 flag positions 1 straight off offside stop the game, if they fuck up too many of theses then though, send them to spec savers or bin them off. A 2nd flag position could trigger a VAR review and the muppets in the caravan get 10 secs to review and determine. The technology isn't able to determine to within mms despite the blurb. The fact its signalled means everyone at least knows there's a maybe and will have an inkling themselves from their own real time view. It they cant call it definitively offside in 10 secs then benefit of doubt goes with the attacking team. If theres no flag whatsoever the goal isnt checked for bullshit offside 17 phases of play back.
At least it would bring consistency and prevent them going back in time just enough phases to suit their favoured outcome, and fans in the ground would have a clue what the hell is going on and whether they can celebrate or not.

Just caught up on last night's "offside" against the rags, and that all shows how shite the whole system is.

To be fair to De Gea, he's seen the flag go up and stopped trying, which has made Aubameyang's finish easier, and then they've overturned it (correctly).

Linos, refs and VAR all need a rocket

How do you know he stopped trying ? To be honest I thought he had stopped trying mid way through last season but I accept it is really hard to tell when he is and when he isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.