Dinamo Zagreb (H) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Croatia currently and there is not a lot of optimism from their point of view and they are mostly expecting a drubbing.

I am not expecting to be able to watch the game quietly and in peace either, I will be the only City fan in a packed bar of raucous Croats whom have been quite enthusiastic in insisting I join them for the occasion, and interesting evening awaits.

City had better not take this game lightly though this small country constantly produces fantastic sports people and punches well above its weight. Anyone who has visited this place will probably have an inkling as to how they do it. Remarkable place and people.

I am under great pressure to return for the second game in Zagreb where I am told a ticket awaits me in the midst of the home nutters! Apparently quite safe and assured I would love every minute. Sadly flight costs in December are likely to put an end to that and in a way am quite gutted.

Heres hoping for a good match and all lucky enough to attend in particular the Croat visitors who will be rather shocked at the weather as it has been 28 degrees here all day.
Hope you got your alex kolarov shirt on then

For some reason you have reminded me of Adrian Chiles the ex-presenter of MOTD2 who is half-Croatian, and a failed spy. It is strange how some regions of the world have a fantastic reputation for sport. Balkans seems to produce a number of footballers out of proportion to its population.

Bosnian blue will have a much better knowledge than I on the subject but I think there are several factors that are obvious to anyone who visits this region.

The diet and climate for starters. A much healthier diet by far, the climate of course lends itself to kids being able to play sport outdoors on decent surfaces virtually all year round. My 17yr old lad for example already had two games postponed due to waterlogged pitches and we only just got to October, when it comes to football our youngsters generally have to play on surfaces that are muddy or rutted most of the season which doesnt really help them develop the finer skills of the game. Hoofball often the only option, of course the all weather surfaces have helped in the last decade or so but even so turning out in a howling gale and cold wet weather really is not ideal at all.

Here in Croatia sport seems to be a priority and more available where back home money is king and our society teaches young people greed and that sport is secondary to having a career and being financially competative rather than sport which is merely a hobby. There is of course the cost of our kids doing anything organised which means many can never get any level of decent coaching.

Finally I think that the horrors of what took place here not so long ago may have something to do with it in many ways where our kids are brought up in a self entitled society where much is taken for granted.

You will not return for the second game as you will never be seen again after tonight ;-)

I am assured that I will have a most enjoyable evening but just for once am hoping we do not run up a cricket score and that perhaps Dinamo get a goal...getting beat would be horrendous and I am going to do my best to avoid the rakija.

Right we actually ended up with 10 free tickets, I’ve got three left, 2 together and 1 about 10 rows from the other two. All CB LVL 3. Free to anyone that can meet me in Middleton in the next 15 mins, or Asda car Park at around 7:15pm...cheers.

If Foden doesn't start this game he should seriously be asking for a loan move in January. KDB out, Rodri needs rest (but probably wont be), B. Silva probably plays on the wing. That means there are 3 midfield spots to be taken by Gundo, D. Silva and Foden. Questions have to be asked if he doesn't start.

At his current rate of minutes he's not going to be ready to take over from Silva next season. Then the club will end up spending £65m on another attacking mid and he'll be in limbo.
Ah the old he must ask for a loan,he still has the twins and gundy ahead of him even without kev
He is not going on loan,it's the 1st Oct,there is 10 myhs before he needs to be in daves shoes,even then he will share with bernie,there is no reason to be saying he should ask for a loan or to suggest we will buy a new midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.