Var debate 2019/20

...That said, the flag shouldnever have gone up in the first place.
10 years ago we'd have had to listen to old bacon face going on about how 'they even themselves up over the course of a season' even though it was strangely 95% in favour of the rags both home and away !
This is why I have zero issues with them stopping for the flag and not the whistle and laughing about it.

Fuck the rag ****s, they would do the same to us.

In the Champions League the linesman waits to flag until the goal scoring chance has been taken or missed and the chance has gone. How hard can it be to follow that?

Instead in the PL we have the linesman instantly flag which can affect players concentration and even the ref himself as soon as they notice it.

Sky/BT, the media and fans need to start pressuring for them to actually overrule. They need to start comparing the PL VAR to elsewhere in Europe statistically speaking. I swear to God they better sort this all out next season. Shit... even part way through the season I'd take like Jan 1st.
Did you see Norwich v red scouse game ? lino flagged wrongly against Norwich on at least 4 occasions with the ref blowing his whistle stopping play ,

Did you see Norwich v red scouse game ? lino flagged wrongly against Norwich on at least 4 occasions with the ref blowing his whistle stopping play

I think I remember them getting one wrong. It is ridiculous though that they don't just let the attacking passage play out then the lino make his call when the ball is no longer in-play. I think of when a linesman spots a player in an offside position and only flags if he becomes active. Why not see wait to flag after a chance has been scored/missed/saved and the ball is dead. What was it, like 4 seconds after Saka played the pass and Aubameyang had in the back of the net?

I've no issue with VAR when implented the proper way.It's actually used in Europe/World Cup the right way apart from the handball interpretation. The only thing that needs to improve is the speed of a decision but I feel that will improve with time as VAR edit room gets more experience and the tools/software evolve. The ref should be getting a decision no more than 20-30 seconds after an actual match incident takes place.

The Premier League is another kettle of fish as they don't want to use it to ever overrule a ref's initial judgement.

Last edited:
At least var managed to noble the man utd fan with the flag, as there is no other excuse for him to have lifted that flag in the first place, unless he was cheating of course, nobody makes that mistake by accident.
I think VAR made a coward of him, he hesitated initially and then put the flag up in the full knowledge that if he did get it wrong then the VAR officials would pick it up. He was just passing the buck essentially.

WTF is the fucking monitor for if they are not going to use it
I tried to convince people it would work for us,many hrs i protested against the doubters
Smack me in the mouth right now

Just fuck off. 3 stonewall pens denied with VAR. I would genuinely not be arsed if we failed to qualify for the knockout stages. Shit competition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.