#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with an account on the Times able to tell us what this article says? Seen elsewhere that it mention Foden won't push for a loan and that people in his camp believe a loan would hinder his progression.

Anyone with an account on the Times able to tell us what this article says? Seen elsewhere that it mention Foden won't push for a loan and that people in his camp believe a loan would hinder his progression.

It would hinder his equity outside of football a hundredfold. It’d be foolish to push for a loan if you have the chance to make it here even if a loan might be more optimal for your career.

World class for his age group, local/lifelong city fan, and the potential to justify the massive investment in youth training/facilities...yeah he’s not going anyyywhere as long as he’s got a valid chance here. The club has just as big of a stake in his success. Maybe even more so? How well do we plan for the long term? Damn near perfectly from my POV. How well does Pep man manage? Perfectly imo.

It’s entirely up to Phil Foden if he makes it here. We’re in the highest echelon now. Iron sharpens iron so if/when he comes good he’ll also have earned it.

How old is Phil and how old is gabby? He’s still got multiple years before we even question it. Gabby was highly wanted by real, Barca, city, cost 30m, and was tagged as the next Ronaldo. He waited until year four to speak up in the media. Phil is 19 don’t forget.

Last edited:
I'm ecstatic he got his goal, but I'm genuinely confused with the substitution.

Foden was deemed good enough, reliable enough, safe enough to start 3 must win games in the premier league run in last season.

So why only bring him on in the 91st minute? Why not bring Merlin off after 80 minutes and give Phil 15? I just wish I knew what it is that makes Pep think, "oh it's 85/86/87 minutes, Phil go get ready" because he's done it 9 times since the start of last season.

I'm ecstatic he got his goal, but I'm genuinely confused with the substitution.

Foden was deemed good enough, reliable enough, safe enough to start 3 must win games in the premier league run in last season.

So why only bring him on in the 91st minute? Why not bring Merlin off after 80 minutes and give Phil 15?
I don't know if it's a Phil thing necessarily considering Jesus also came on at least ten minutes too late. Pep has been really slow to pull the trigger on subs this year for whatever reason.

On the bright side he's surely earned himself a start this weekend with KDB out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.