Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was really good today. Really good. The tandem of Rodri and Gundogan is working much better than Fernandinho-Gundogan ever did and today they rotated who was the #6 and who pushed up, they were a complete wall in front of the defence, just mopping up every time the ball left the Dinamo half and getting it back to the forwards quickly.
Basically what I've been thinking Pep should do, Gundogan is phenomenal if he plays a little deeper, next to Rodri they were a fantastic defensive duo rotating duties of staying back or going forward.

With Mendy or Angelino as LB I think this systems works perfectly, but if Zinchenko comes back in then I think it fails, and requires a duo of David/Foden/Kevin in front of Rodri, to have a player to rotate with Sterling.

He was really good today. Really good. The tandem of Rodri and Gundogan is working much better than Fernandinho-Gundogan ever did and today they rotated who was the #6 and who pushed up, they were a complete wall in front of the defence, just mopping up every time the ball left the Dinamo half and getting it back to the forwards quickly.

Completely agree. I don't know why but there are games where Gundogan looks like the guy who ripped us apart at Dortmund and then there are others where he looks a shadow of himself.

Tonight he and Rodri were excellent.

Completely agree. I don't know why but there are games where Gundogan looks like the guy who ripped us apart at Dortmund and then there are others where he looks a shadow of himself.

Tonight he and Rodri were excellent.
He is always good when the game is in front of him,it's the other games it's not so good

Pray give us an actual opinion for once,is he one of the best signings in the clubs history?
Go on now,force out a football opinion,you might like it
Probably not, but Pep says this kind of stuff about everyone. Wait until you find out that he doesn't really believe Phil is the most talented player he's ever worked with.

Pray give us an actual opinion for once,is he one of the best signings in the clubs history?

Pep's doing his usual exaggeration but hypothetically, if we won the CL with that Rodri-Gundogan midfield pairing then he'd be up there as one of our best transfers.

A player who would start for every other club in the league, for £20m, who played every game of that vital 14 game winning streak to beat Liverpool and was one of our best players doing it...he's been a great purchase.

Also he's 28, so the same age Yaya was when he arrived. Still a long way to go in his City story. When Silva leaves, he might start a lot more games.

In my opinion Gundogan is a polished accomplished footballer who is actually more suited to the team than Foden. Pep Guardiola is the best manager on the planet at the moment and if thinks Gundogan is a decent player who he trusts then who I’m I to argue, but hmmm what do I know

Hypothetically, if we won the CL with that Rodri-Gundogan midfield pairing then he'd be up there as one of our best transfers.

A player who would start for every other club in the league, for £20m, who played every game of that vital 14 game winning streak to beat Liverpool and was one of our best players doing it...he's been a great purchase.
There are 11 other players so you couldn't say the cl bit really,yes he was a bargain but he had a bad injury,he was excellent in the run in i agree,he also has a lot of invisable games,i would never have him as one of our best ever,you could say delph at 8m,which we got back,playing left back in 100pt season was one of our best ever bargains

I'm going to stop banging the drum after tonight. He was excellent.

Thinks it's just best if I ignore the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.