Var debate 2019/20

In cricket you hear the video umpire checking every stage of the challenge before reaching their verdict.

In tennis, we're shown digital footage of the trajectory and landing spot of the ball.

In rubgy, we hear the referee discussing with the video referee details of the challenge before reaching their verdict.

In the NFL, the officials explains to the crowd each penalty decision.

In football, we get a shiny graphic after 5 mins saying "No Goal". Football's VAR system is too secretive and open to interpretation as to why they gave the decision that they did.
Spot on.

Anyone who thinks football is not bent really needs to give their head a wobble.

OF COURSE it's bent. There can be no other explanation for the way the game is run and the decisions made.

PEP We were patient and we scored again. What I'm most delighted with is what we have done this season, nobody gave us anything - we did it for ourselves and that is top. Nobody in previous seasons gave us anything. We did it ourselves, that is tough. I love this team!

Hee hee

Sounds like he’s starting to see it himself, he’ll be booing the anthem next

Spot on.

Anyone who thinks football is not bent really needs to give their head a wobble.

OF COURSE it's bent. There can be no other explanation for the way the game is run and the decisions made.
After tonight's performance by the VAR team concretes this for me. No reason at all NOT to give that handball. Especially looking back to when Otamendi got punished last season when his arms where down by his side. The Aguero penalty was nailed on. The referee was even advised to go to the monitor according to the commentators but chose not to. It's rigged to fuck.

It's there for every f@cker in the media to see now, plain as day, it couldn't be more obvious if smacked them all in their fuckin faces, THIS IS WHY WE COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS FUCKIN TOURNAMENT, IT'S DOWN TO CORRUPTION NOT INCOMPETENCE, BUT IT'S DOWN TO POOR REFEREEING, I HEAR YOU SAY, NO NO NO, THEY BLEEDIN APPOINT THE SHITE MASQUERADING AS OFFICIALS, NO ACCOUNTABILITY AND CLOSED RANKS, JOKE!....................and breathe, sorry, rant over. BTW. Good win boys, let's win the thing and kick the big eared bastard thing all around Istanbul.

it has cost us.last season

Last season? It was the right call against Spurs and we were awarded a pen against Spurs due to VAR.

"Critical to your job is to watch the game. All the time. No chatting, going for coffee or fag breaks. Got it? Good. I'll be back in a couple of hours."
Feels like they have a bunch of skiving teenagers on it half the time.

They're horrible and it needs calling out. What I don't like is this conspiracy nonsense because there's no real logical chain for it. And surely, if people think UEFA are against us, why wouldn't that make us even more determined to win the competition?

Strange one for the ramos goal for real Madrid earlier tonight. Given as offside at the time by the linesman, then watching relays im thinking good decision, looks clear offside.
Goes to var and they contrive to find some angle, and some frame to show it onside. Didn't get chance to see this again as wasn't shown during the rest of the 90 minutes.
But huge game changing decision as Madrid up to that point were bobbins

After tonight's performance by the VAR team concretes this for me. No reason at all NOT to give that handball. Especially looking back to when Otamendi got punished last season when his arms where down by his side. The Aguero penalty was nailed on. The referee was even advised to go to the monitor according to the commentators but chose not to. It's rigged to fuck.

If it was rigged, why would UEFA give us such an easy group? Why would they have awarded a penalty against Spurs last season? What is the logical chain to suggest it is rigged as opposed to incompetence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.