Dinamo Zagreb (H) post match thread

City were stictched up without VAR (Monaco and Liverpool twice) and are now routinely being stitched up with it (Schalke, Spurs and Zagreb). A blatant handball in the box reviewed and still no penalty given (especially when Otamendi was penalised at Schalke when he had his hands behind his back and the ref reversed his original decision of no penalty even though the VAR screen wasn't working). Then a deja vu of Silva at Bournemouth when Aguero's foot was stamped on. Again reviewed but still no penalty.

We got fucked over last night several times, against the dippers in CL their first goal was offside, we had a good goal disallowed and at least 1 pen not given. Against spurs they scored with a handball, we had a marginal offside decision go against us. Can anyone think of one major dodgy decision that has gone in our favour in the CL? The best I can come up with is that I think we got a corner last night that we should not have got. All of which tells me two things, uefa are as bent as fuck, and even they know we are shit at corners

VAR didn't fail per se, just the incompetent refereeing crew - hopefully UEFA will deal with them appropriately.

As for the match, read a lot of complaining in the match thread about the play and I remain a bit baffled tbh. Some great football played on the night, not every match is going to be a fiesta of goals but Pep has his teams relentless in the search for a goal - even when you face opposition who sit 10 in the box. If you complain about that, not sure you'll ever be happy with football on a regular basis. There was so much to like

Even Gundogan who seemed to get a bit of stick, was a standout performer on the night for me. Rodri clearly influenced the match, the perfect sort of match for him to be proactive since Zagreb sat deep. Sterling made the difference but they were always very close.

Only criticism I could think of really apart from Mendy's condition was the use of Foden. In midfield I tend to not really question Pep but I would like to see him rotate more between him & D.Silva - at the very least, make the switch between the two sooner in a match (even by minute 60). City look terrific, if they can stay healthy the sky is the limit

We know referees in thus competition are poor and inconsistent. It doesn’t help when you have refs from farmers leagues with part time players elevated to officiate at the highest level. Thought we did well last night. Final ball was lacking and we missed some good opportunities which meant for a nervy last few minutes every time they go to not our half. Zagreb were poor and offered no real threat in a game we totally controlled.

We got fucked over last night several times, against the dippers in CL their first goal was offside, we had a good goal disallowed and at least 1 pen not given. Against spurs they scored with a handball, we had a marginal offside decision go against us. Can anyone think of one major dodgy decision that has gone in our favour in the CL? The best I can come up with is that I think we got a corner last night that we should not have got. All of which tells me two things, uefa are as bent as fuck, and even they know we are shit at corners

Yes the rose accidental handball at spurs last season , unfortunately Sergio missed so it gets forgotten about on here, l

Did we lose ???

Going off this thread you’d think so. It was a very comfortable game in the end. Lots of pointless moaning on here

Yes thought I was in the glory glory Tottenham hotspur forum for a moment too much negativity. After that shite on Monday night and spurs ha ha things are going great for us. But you wouldn't think so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.