Var debate 2019/20

Last night they said at the ground var in involved in 4 types of decisions. Unfortunately the kids were arguing at the time so I didn’t hear it. I know one is to screw City over at every opportunity, and one was to give every possible benefit to our opponents, but did anyone hear the other 2?

Performances like the officials gave us last night is why I can’t be arsed with the champions league. This seasons campaign will be a mirror image of the last two, shit teams who City can get past even with the poor reffing then them using it as a leveller against us when the decent teams enter in the knock outs.
Overall, I don’t think that PL refs are any better

I don't believe that, I just think that if UEFA wanted us out of the CL they would have made our passage to the knockout stage far, far more difficult. By giving us this group, even without getting VAR decisions, we're virtually guaranteed to top.

When it comes to knockout stages and these decisions go against us, my tune will change but right now, it just doesn't make any sense despite how frustrating it is.

And how would they make our group tough without getting rid of seeding which they can't because the cartel wants seeding to make the group stages a meaningless money spinning pile of bollocks that it is? So in your view they ditch that and give us Barca, Munich, Junventus as an example group, over 6 games they need a hell of lot of dodgy decisions to prevent us qualifying and then 2 of the favoured cartel clubs lose out of a shit load of cash.

If the corruption aspect is only that the bookies make us favourites being the best team in the competition they still clean up regardless of who wins and its much easier to fuck a team over in a one off tie than 6 games.

That wasn’t even fucking subtle last night. Just seems they apply the rules whichever way they need to to rob us. I’ve never really bought into this agenda thing and didn’t want to think the game was corrupt, but I’m struggling to find any other explanation.

We will 100% go out again in a tight game where we get stuffed.

Did BT make any comments about the decisions that went against us last night?
BT almost said it how it is. They said just the seven officials missed the handball penalty claim in the first half and that they don't understand why VAR did not award what was a clear pen on Aguero.

Peter Walton said he could not sit here and defend the use of VAR tonight.

I think the media is suspicious now that something is not quite right...

No I was just saying if they are corrupt, they would have the wherewithal to manipulate the groups so why would they be so favourable towards us

Edit: By corrupt, I am referring to match fixing abilities. I don't doubt there is corruption within that organisation.
The only explanation for the bizarre VAR decisions last night is corruption. There may not be a coordinated screw city campaign, or if there was, if has become diluted or confused such that not every corrupt official is following the same policy. But surely groups of individuals within UEFA are following a screw city policy..?

Last night they said at the ground var in involved in 4 types of decisions. Unfortunately the kids were arguing at the time so I didn’t hear it. I know one is to screw City over at every opportunity, and one was to give every possible benefit to our opponents, but did anyone hear the other 2?

The third one is confirm that the ref is blind in one eye, and the fourth is to confirm that he is fulfilling the task that his masters at Uefa have given him!!

They are mate but as were seeing, and not only in City games, this is not how the technology is being used. Totally frustrating and rendered the technology pointless.

and as evidence of that look at the Shaktar v Atalanta match, I was fuming about the referee tonight. talking about never going again etc and then I came home and saw that farce of a penalty call that VAR refused to overturn. It is not just us that gets shafted, it is the way they all stick together so as not to show one of their own up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.