Who Remembers Thread

9eb5bf2feacef361035506b001d6d948fa0b8bf6.jpg

Never seen one of them before. We never had a TV until the early 70's and then you had a dial on the TV itself. Quick Google confirms you had a box like that if you lived in a shit signal zone.
Yes, early cable TV. The local Rediffusion TV shop would have a big aerial on its roof and then the signal was passed via cable to areas that couldn't see transmitters. They were phased out when they started building relay masts. The shops died out when people started buying TVs instead of renting them as they became more reliable.

Always remember my Mum, when we first got a phone it was in the living room, anyway, the telly was on and on the telly a phone rang that sounded just like our phone. My Mum did no more than get off her chair, walk over and turn the telly down (before remote control days) which of course the volume of the ring went down but she still answered our phone. We all looked at my Mum with puzzled faces and then pissed ourselves laughing:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.