Wolves (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Helps that they've got a tough game in Turkey on Thursday evening against Besiktas.
Doesn't it?

Agreed. That should make a difference, it always seemed to in previous years.

They're a good side, and we'll need to respect them, but they aren't miracle workers and seem to suffer like all Europa teams have.

I want Pep to give Foden a start here but going by his comments last night it looks highly unlikely. Got to start rotating more between Merlin and Foden, we all know Merlin is class but he will struggle to be highly effective playing three games a week soon. For Sunday I'd go :

Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Rodri, Foden, B.Silva, Mahrez, Sterling , Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Mendy, Garcia, Gundogan, D.Silva, Aguero.

Sterling Aguero Mahrez
Silva Rodri Bernardo
Mendy Fernandinho Otamendi Walker
Ederson

I noticed that Fernandinho played on Cancelo's side today on the right rather than on the left where he's always played since he got deployed to the center back role.

I reckon that he wil go back to the left now that Walker is back.

This team for me, maybe Jesus to start over Aguero though.

Don't think that's true it's not a 'break' some players will play 2 games so rest and rotation is still to be considered.
Ermmm... they play 2 games of football on international breaks. It’s not a holiday.
Not all players are called up whilst some have retired from international duty ie Silva. I don't think the intensity and mental fatigue is as high as well.
A change is as good as a rest they say ;)

They're not in good form so we need to be careful this isn't a 'typical City' performance of old.

IF we put away our chances then we should win even with the injuries we've got. I think Aguero will be determined to score after missing so many last night, although he played pretty well apart from leaving his shooting boots at home.

Hopefully Bernardo is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.