Dinamo Zagreb (H) post match thread

Thought Zagreb were a useful side to begin with - some tidy passing, started with some intent to get forward - but that just allowed us to get in behind and if Sergio had taken his early chances it would have been over there and then. But once City got control - and perhaps having been scared by those early chances - they just dropped back to a solid block of defenders that were so hard to get through and of course the chances dried up until Raheem's energy and skill brought a different dimension. I do wonder if Foden's energy might have opened things up as well - but in Pep we trust. I did wonder for a while if this was going to be the classic 0-1, but in the end Zagreb didn't have the quality to get out and threaten - and the one occasion they did the wrong pass was picked and the chance disappeared. So we roll on - be good to get through the group stage without too much drama - although it's a late arrival home (1am) for not a lot of drama!

I have been to many Euro away grounds where I cant see the pitch properly because of the netting, perhaps City need to start doing that after last nights disgraceful behaviour from yobs. It is time we stopped scummy idiots endangering our fans and players.

I think EUFA will be all over it, and our fans will be banned for the away tie

I have been to many Euro away grounds where I cant see the pitch properly because of the netting, perhaps City need to start doing that after last nights disgraceful behaviour from yobs. It is time we stopped scummy idiots endangering our fans and players.

Had to watch Raheem’s goal against Everton through netting as I was near the corner flag on the lower tier

Just watched Bayern and compared their finishing to ours. I think it's fair to say that ours needs to improve significantly if we are going to go all the way in this competition.
Did you notice they were prepared to have a go from outside the box, our preferred method is to try and walk it in with the maximum number of passes possible.

But it's clearly the most important competition to be part of. Last nights win meant we netted around £2.4m. To put that in context we earned more than our prize money for winning the League cup or the FA cup. I know you don't get a trophy for each win, but let's put it in perspective, there's a lot riding on these games.
Most important competition to be part of do me a favour. It is what it has always been, a money making racket for the cartel clubs.

I thought we were good. I went to the game so didnt have to suffer the negative shite from the pundits - They're usually the difference between what is good and bad from City

Most important competition to be part of do me a favour. It is what it has always been, a money making racket for the cartel clubs.

Whether you agree with the morals surrounding the competition or not, it clearly is the most important for our club. It has BY FAR the biggest audience, the prize money is ridiculous. That money gets reinvested into players, infrastructure etc. It keeps clubs at the top and if we're out of it, it's hard to keep pace with the clubs earning £50m+ from it each season.

I'd take buying into the Champions League and winning trophies indefinitely over any other available alternative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.