Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a big distinction, that City might want to argue about, is that Mario only got charged with the less serious Rule E3(1), not E3(2) like Bernardo. Unless the rules have changed, i'd be arguing that with the lawyers.

To be honest, I think Bernardo will end up with the same kind of punishment and I couldn't argue with it.

Anything more and surely we'll have to challenge it?

Well he knew I'm from Manchester from my address and he guessed wrong that I was a rag. I was fuming and that was the last time I subscribed to Sky.
Some years ago I got a number of calls from Sky offering a deal for rag tv. The callers were based in Scotland and when I finally lost it and told him I was a blue and didn't want effing mu tv he burst out laughing and said, 'sorry sir, I seem to be getting a lot of answers like yours.'

I would say racially insensitive, the FA would say "improper with reference to race/religion"
Ok I agree for the first time today, back to the podcasts they sure as hell did not say that the tweet where "only" racially insensitive.
My take on all this is that Bernardo delete the tweet, He wrote a letter to FA as did Mendy, he had no racist intention so why did our own blues on these podcast talked like he was a racist. If they agree with us the didnt have to be so down about it and support Bernardo , but they called him and Pep out to be ignorant.

While I'm sure some were offended, I'm not sure the man on the Clapham omnibus - or any average, reasonable person - would be offended by Bernardo's post. And that should be the standard against which we measure whether something was offensive, not simply whether 52 year old yoghurt knitter Susan from Brighton was offended.

*apologies to anyone called Susan or any female users of the Clapham omnibus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.