Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been 7-1 that was never a penalty at 4-1. They get so many gifts to try and bail them out in games, they are the Liverpool of the south in that respect.

We get loads against us too. Haven’t seen the replay of the penalty incident but it was backed up by VAR.

EX-Spurs player, think it was Geordie Twoddle, suggested on R5 that had they gone in at HT 4-1 up then Bayern would have had nowt to complain about!

He’s not wrong.

Spurs genuinely could, and maybe should, have been 4-1 or 5-1 up after 35 minutes. Put Bayern under intense pressure. Won possession in good areas time and time again. Created so many one on ones or clear shots at goal from inside the box. A huge waste to score from only one of them. Problem was that Spurs expended so much energy in that first 35 minutes, Bayern were able to pick them off thereafter.

Poch took a massive punt on landing an early knockout blow but it only resulted in Spurs punching themselves out. Had they taken a fair proportion of their chances and opened up a three or four goal lead, then they might have been able to play the second half much tighter and deeper and held on to the lead. As it was, they had to chase the game with leaden legs and there are few better teams than Bayern at exploiting such a favourable position. Even more so, at 4-2, when Spurs went for broke and were left with just the one remotely defensive midfielder on the pitch.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Can’t play like that against the best teams. Not with an ageing defence.

Anyone seen our resident gloating Spuds since 21:50 last night?

Not sure who you’re referring to. I’m not aware of Spurs fans gloating on here. I think the most we’ve done is explain things from Spurs’ point of view.

Spurs are in the same position as Newcastle were under benitez, but obviously on a higher level. Levy is businessman, he will spend as little as possible. He does now need to show the commitment and if he doesn't it's back to mediocrity for spurs.

Jeez I am so thankful for our sensible owners!

images

We get loads against us too. Haven’t seen the replay of the penalty incident but it was backed up by VAR.

Being backed-up by VAR is no confirmation it was right. I haven't watched the incident but seemingly intimating the legitimacy of VAR on here....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.