Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, they basically say anybody who doesn’t understand the issue is racist, so that’s him, me, Stirling, Mendy & Barnes.

No we didn't. You do everyone who contributes to the podcast a massive disservice by characterising what we said about something as complex as this in such a binary fashion.

I don't support Guardiola or Bernardo in what's gone on the last few weeks. Bernardo's tweet was a stupid joke which he should've known could get him in serious trouble. The fact he didn't speaks volumes about why people like myself and so many others found it ignorant in the first place. As for what Pep said afterwards, that was equally ignorant. The entire line about how it's "just a picture that looks like his friend" is the kind of defence you'd expect to hear at a Donald Trump rally, not from an urbane, well travelled football manager. Granted in the end Pep was probably just trying to defend his player, but it came off as as tone deaf as Bernardo's tweet.

I think I was pretty measured in what I said on the pod. I wanted to say a lot more, as I'd like to say a lot more on here too, but ultimately there's no point. It's clear there's very little appetite from a lot of people to think beyond the most facile and softest readings of this entire episode. It'll eventually blow over like most things in football do. But it hasn't painted the player or his coach in anything other than the most negative of lights IMO. Trying to turn this into the FA or the PL or the media having an agenda against the club is frankly laughable.

If this were happening at Liverpool I can imagine the moral high grounding on here would be next level. I also remember vividly the absolute furore from Blues when Kyle Walker dared make a joke during the title race. He was absolutely pilloried for it from every corner of our support. Odd then that we don't have the standards for racist imagery that we do for jokes about a title race.

So, the pictures comparing KDB and the home alone kiddy are somehow different? That is the point that Bernie and Pep are correctly making. Just because Mendy happens to be black he gets compared to a black picture, obviously. Anyone who fails to see that Mendy is not being looked at by Bernie as a black person but as a person which is what the great orator ML King asked for.

Bernie is actually ahead of his time, it is the FA and associated kick it out people who cannot actually see that some people do not see colour which is a real shame and a damnation on their ignorance.

The charge was inevitable, and I'd expect it regardless of who it was and who he plays for.

I'd also expect a match ban. It was the same that Mario got a year or two ago.

Can't see 6 matches no matter how many people in the press seem to really really want it.

I don't support Guardiola or Bernardo in what's gone on the last few weeks. Bernardo's tweet was a stupid joke which he should've known could get him in serious trouble. The fact he didn't speaks volumes about why people like myself and so many others found it ignorant in the first place. As for what Pep said afterwards, that was equally ignorant. The entire line about how it's "just a picture that looks like his friend" is the kind of defence you'd expect to hear at a Donald Trump rally, not from an urbane, well travelled football manager. Granted in the end Pep was probably just trying to defend his player, but it came off as as tone deaf as Bernardo's tweet.

I think I was pretty measured in what I said on the pod. I wanted to say a lot more, as I'd like to say a lot more on here too, but ultimately there's no point. It's clear there's very little appetite from a lot of people to think beyond the most facile and softest readings of this entire episode. It'll eventually blow over like most things in football do. But it hasn't painted the player or his coach in anything other than the most negative of lights IMO. Trying to turn this into the FA or the PL or the media having an agenda against the club is frankly laughable.

If this were happening at Liverpool I can imagine the moral high grounding on here would be next level. I also remember vividly the absolute furore from Blues when Kyle Walker dared make a joke during the title race. He was absolutely pilloried for it from every corner of our support. Odd then that we don't have the standards for racist imagery that we do for jokes about a title race.

Perhaps then in future we should stick to employing on people from our so superior and educated country and not 3rd world right wing countries like Spain and Portugal. Thank fuck Boris will soon have us disassociate with these places.

So, the pictures comparing KDB and the home alone kiddy are somehow different?

It's completely different for a myriad of reasons. I appreciate that you want to support Bernardo, instinctively I did too. But the reality is I can't in this instance. He'll be alright though and I'm absolutely certain in the future when he speaks about this episode he'll speak about his own regret at his own actions and not at the way people reacted to them.

Did he mean to be racist...no. was it in bad taste yes. Was the recipient offended...no. will he do it again ....no. slap on the wrist, fine and dont do it again. But people telling me how I should think. What nonsense. Are you a left wing teacher , voted remain and attends antifa meetings at the weekend.

am standing behind the club and silva in a time like this, Bernardo is being used by the media and press and the FA and the EPL and skysports and BTsports as a tool to bash manchester city football club and nothing else, clearly the issue of being called a racist is affecting Bernardo and also his family and friends are also feeling the pressure

the dirty scum media and mainly SKYSPORTS are behind all this and its a target and witch hunt to unsettle the player and club and they have gone to town on Bernardo like he is worst than Luis Suárez and liverpool who openly supported Suárez and got nothing like the shit manchester city have got with backing there player

maybe the skysport presenter Kelly Cates can shut the fuck up about silva and pep and manchester city defence of there player

this is supporting a racist player by the liverpool manager at the time liver on skysports ??????

article-2078245-0F436D2100000578-808_1024x615_large.jpg

Thanks for your reply I love the pod by the way.
You are right when you say "Bernardo´s tweet was a stupid joke which he should've known could get him in serious trouble. " I am not saying it was not ill thought off. I am saying that you talked about it like it was a racist thing, not stupid joke. I agree about Walker and I was angry we did'nt stay together supporting him, My problem with this is that Bernardo does not get the support and when he did with Pep you say it is like a Trump rally , common is that fair... For the first English is not Pep first language nether Bernardo's or me LOL. You can hear that Pep has problem finding the wright words when he is upset and want to say something .

Maybe he didn´t find the right words do use.
If you dont think that Bernardo is a racist or think that Pep was supporting racism them perhaps you should say so.
It must be very hard living with been accused of racial behaviour or defending racial behaviour if you didnt mean to .

In Portugal this image is still used that is why he used it.

And Bernardo did expresses regret you could of said that this is from the Telegraph

Bernardo Silva, the Manchester City playmaker, has written a personal letter to the Football Association expressing regret at any offence his controversial tweet about Benjamin Mendy unintentionally caused.

Did he mean to be racist...no. was it in bad taste yes. Was the recipient offended...no. will he do it again ....no. slap on the wrist, fine and dont do it again. But people telling me how I should think. What nonsense. Are you a left wing teacher , voted remain and attends antifa meetings at the weekend.

I think there's an objective truth to the image Bernardo used being offensive to many many people of colour. That's not even a controversial thing for me to say.

I totally agree that Bernardo isn't racist, just as I agree that it was in bad taste. Personally I think that he should get a fine and be sent to be educated on why so many people found the image racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.