Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody clarify this for me.

Is the issue Bernardo sharing the image or saying it looks like Mendy (which it does) ?

So if this image is offensive how can it be on a Spanish chocolate wrapper ? If so are the chocolate company now liable ?

It doesn't look anything like Mendy.

Sky reporting Pep may be charged now because he said the images look similar
Surprised anybody who defends Bernie isn't charged - they must be pro racism obviously, especially Sterling. @Bigga should come on here again and explain it's not about what you think and say but how others decide whether what you said could be have a completely different meaning in a different context. The HoC Speaker put the position succinctly recently:

“It is incredibly important that we are sensitive to the wider implications and interpretation of what we say. The mores of society do change and sometimes one can find that things one has quite freely said in the past without causing offence can no longer be said without causing offence.”

The end is nigh.

Can somebody clarify this for me.

Is the issue Bernardo sharing the image or saying it looks like Mendy (which it does) ?

So if this image is offensive how can it be on a Spanish chocolate wrapper ? If so are the chocolate company now liable ?
I don’t have a podcast so don’t feel I’m in a position to answer I’m afraid.

It looks as much like Mendy as Tintin looks like KDB or Pickford looks like the kid from this is England.

1) I haven't said those people look like any of those people
2) Tintin isn't, as has been said many many times, a character based on a racist stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.