Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may do. However, it may also completely piss off people like Guardiola and Bernardo to the extent that they leave. We also have the problem that the team has to play football under this pressure and scrutiny which is not easy.

City fans will of course be motivated and the players too I am sure will be angry that a very popular teammate has been very unfairly targeted, but that does not necessarily mean that City's performances will improve.
I would be very surprised if players joining Manchester City aren't briefed on the agenda aimed at the club and the subsequent negativity they'll receive.

Yes, it is an "agenda" and a very diligent one.
This witch hunt against Bernardo and now Pep will galvanise the whole team.

So much so that I reckon characters like Bernardo and Pep will thrive on this and hit the pricks where it hurts. Because let's face it the broadcasting media and football fraternity are hurting big time.

I don't think he did know it was based on a racist stereotype. Intent isn't the only thing to consider here though. Intent might play a big role in how one might judge Bernardo's character but there are also other things to consider. If somebody is unintentionally behaving in a way that perpetuates racism then it's ok to flag it. Often decent and likeable people don't mind having these things flagged up and explained to them as it means they can avoid inadvertently making people feel like shit in future.
And it was flagged and he deleted it within five minutes and wrote a letter of apology and explained his actions to the FA. Now they’ve charged him. It’s so far OTT as to be ridiculous.

Reactions: OB1
Just a snippet for all you victim junkies out there.

I got bullied at school and compared to the fictional comic character, Plug because I was tall, ugly and had sticky out ears. I also got voted the person most likely to be bald by the time he’s 20.

I’m 51 now, with a full head of hair and have had a reasonably good life. But if you could be offended on my behalf, that would be great!

First, I understand Portuguese Bernard was having a joke with his mate, and had no I'll intention with his tweet.
However, not sure what else the FA can do but charge him, find him guilty and give him a ban. And yes this isnt really fair.

The issue becomes how long a ban. I'm sure the scousers and scouse loving media etc will want 6 matches given he was key against them last year. Personally I'd call a three match ban reasonable.

I also understand that this post will not make me that popular on here.
Tagging someone a racist ...’really isn’t fair ‘, just go away you fucking idiot

And it was flagged and he deleted it within five minutes and wrote a letter of apology and explained his actions to the FA. Now they’ve charged him. It’s so far OTT as to be ridiculous.

I haven't disputed what happened afterwards. I'm glad he apologised. I'll reserve judgement on the charge until we hear what the outcome is. People on here already behaving as though he's got a 6 game ban though (which would be ridiculous in my opinion).

And how do you know that didnt happen, and the 2 clubs who kept this secret for 6 and a half years decided to just keep it a secret?

City don't want an investigation. That's painfully fucking clear from the way they, you know, kept it secret for 6 years and didn't report it to get investigated.
It's not about keeping it secret ffs,it will have been a legal thing,given the way the dippers have acted since then we would have made a big deal of it if it happened nowwe may have briefed the Times as they big with it,the rest of the media are protecting the media darlings by not reporting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.