Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not trawling through 50 odd pages of MOSTLY guff!

If you cannot understand the wider implications of why a 'joke' that went badly wrong in public, was wrong, you need your heads testing!

Now, I support Bern and Mendy as a couple of mates having 'banter', but when you draw the rest of the world in on the 'joke', you're going attract unwanted attention where the 'joke' is concerned.

I fail to understand why the majority of you don't get that!!
This post is probably the most sensible post on this thread for a couple of days.

No, they can't use as a teaching moment to explain why it isn't racist, can they?!! It's all in the implication in a picture that has a racist stereotypical background in its conception!!

They can only say for it to have been kept private.

They can't support one position of fighting the visual, physical and verbal events of racism without being hypocrites if they don't back it!

Don't blame KiO!

Who decides what is racist? In Portugal where Silva is from clearly these images are acceptable in the UK they are not. So rather than calling Silva out on this he should be taught what we in the UK regard as unacceptable imagery and that should be the end of the matter

No, they can't use as a teaching moment to explain why it isn't racist, can they?!! It's all in the implication in a picture that has a racist stereotypical background in its conception!!

They can only say for it to have been kept private.

They can't support one position of fighting the visual, physical and verbal events of racism without being hypocrites if they don't back it!

Don't blame KiO!
Correct; they simply don’t have any choice other than highlight the issue if they’re going to retain any credibility.

Yeah, it's not the point.

Someone has screenshot it and re-tweeted it to the world.

It means he's done it and can't retract it.

It should never have gone into the public domain.
I think you're missing the point.

Bernardo pulled the tweet.

The broadcasting media don't give a flying fu#k about solving racism. They're using this image to insight public outrage. They say "some viewers may find the following image offensive"

Okay, don't keep showing it then if you think people will be offended. Bernardo did the honorable thing and took it down.

If that image has been hijacked by the pricks that they are to add fuel to the fire then shame on them.

Been watching sly sports news for about half an hour now and nothing been said as yet. At the moment it's all about how great the new leader of the glorious FA is and how he's going to make the premier league a success.

Like it is a loss leader right now.

Yeah, it's not the point.

Someone has screenshot it and re-tweeted it to the world.

It means he's done it and can't retract it.

It should never have gone into the public domain.
Is it possible that the person who’s took a screenshot ( if that’s what’s happened) and retweeted it for the world to see,could someone else be offended by him retweeting it ?

We all know Bernardo was very stupid and naive, but it is quite clear he is not racist. FA will throw the book at him and fully expect a 6 game ban. One tiny consolation, Foden should get more game time.

Everyone at the club and fans will rally round him,i just hate the thought of the cheeky chappie being afraid to be like he has been with his team mates,he has such a lovely nature,i think he will be very affected by this
You’re right and that’s what boils my piss more than anything! Everyone can see what a genuine lovely guy Bernardo is even opposition fans know it. With this and var I’m seriously losing my love for football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.