Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the espn after match review, fair play to camel gob Rio, he said he knew how the spuds players were feeling, we got beat 6-1 against our rivals City at home, for him to mention that respect.

Fuck him, the wobbly-mouthed twat.

Last edited:
Spurs are in the same position as Newcastle were under benitez, but obviously on a higher level. Levy is businessman, he will spend as little as possible. He does now need to show the commitment and if he doesn't it's back to mediocrity for spurs.

Jeez I am so thankful for our sensible owners!

I could never understand why when, about the time we were just starting to compete for top 4, they didn't put the bit extra in to make sure of securing a spot and probably staying there. It wouldn't have taken much at the time and even if they had to compete properly for top 4 a few years later they'd have been in a better position in all ways.

A few Spurs fans made excuses about how they couldn't at the time, but of course they could if Levy had wanted. If he didn't do it then when there was so little competition I can't see him doing it now when there is plenty.

I could never understand why when, about the time we were just starting to compete for top 4, they didn't put the bit extra in to make sure of securing a spot and probably staying there. It wouldn't have taken much at the time and even if they had to compete properly for top 4 a few years later they'd have been in a better position in all ways.

A few Spurs fans made excuses about how they couldn't at the time, but of course they could if Levy had wanted. If he didn't do it then when there was so little competition I can't see him doing it now when there is plenty.

Levy is a tight ****. That’s your answer.

A lot of us knew if Spurs did not really go all in they would find themselves in limbo. To crack the very top you just can't continue the old business model that got them to a top 4 team. They now find themselves on the edge of a possible fall, how far? not sure but they have certainly peaked with the current squad and manager.

1, Kane is 26 now and has a some serious thinking to do about his future. This is the age he gets to have arguably his biggest transfer.

2, The manor of Trippier's departure, he couldn't get out fast enough seemingly. I will elaborate on this below.

3, The rumours of a rift due to one player sleeping with another players partner seems to have some legs. Trippier's comments totally match up with someone being diplomatic about having knowledge of something like that (the 'its none of my business but stuff happened i could not ignore' take on things). They do not seem "together" on the pitch either, it all looks very strained. If it is true or not does not really matter, what does is the lack of togetherness and possible outright animosity between certain players. You see it in their faces, strained, unhappy.

4, I don't think Pochetino will be hanging around to much longer either. He has done what he can with the funds at his disposal. At best he seems jaded a little this season. He knows Levy's plans and as much as he may respect them he is going to want a better platform sooner rather than later imo.

5, Their backup "star" (Alli) i think has been found out as a highlights merchant. Very often anonymous or injured, not the De Bruyne clone they hoped he would turn into.

6, Rose and some others have wanted out for over a season. So far they all seem to have done their job honourably, far from ideal though.

7, The performances since the beginning of the year have been more industrial than inspiring; with the thumpings dying off to more scrappy wins or indeed losses.

8, Erikson's contract is up next summer, i think he will leave. That will need a sound replacement.

I just get the impression some of the plates are wobbling now and the spinner is running out of energy to keep them all going. They need a few big changes i think to stay up to the pace.

Last edited:
He’s not wrong.

Spurs genuinely could, and maybe should, have been 4-1 or 5-1 up after 35 minutes. Put Bayern under intense pressure. Won possession in good areas time and time again. Created so many one on ones or clear shots at goal from inside the box. A huge waste to score from only one of them. Problem was that Spurs expended so much energy in that first 35 minutes, Bayern were able to pick them off thereafter.

Poch took a massive punt on landing an early knockout blow but it only resulted in Spurs punching themselves out. Had they taken a fair proportion of their chances and opened up a three or four goal lead, then they might have been able to play the second half much tighter and deeper and held on to the lead. As it was, they had to chase the game with leaden legs and there are few better teams than Bayern at exploiting such a favourable position. Even more so, at 4-2, when Spurs went for broke and were left with just the one remotely defensive midfielder on the pitch.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Can’t play like that against the best teams. Not with an ageing defence.

Not sure who you’re referring to. I’m not aware of Spurs fans gloating on here. I think the most we’ve done is explain things from Spurs’ point of view.

source.gif

He’s not wrong.

Spurs genuinely could, and maybe should, have been 4-1 or 5-1 up after 35 minutes. Put Bayern under intense pressure. Won possession in good areas time and time again. Created so many one on ones or clear shots at goal from inside the box. A huge waste to score from only one of them. Problem was that Spurs expended so much energy in that first 35 minutes, Bayern were able to pick them off thereafter.

Poch took a massive punt on landing an early knockout blow but it only resulted in Spurs punching themselves out. Had they taken a fair proportion of their chances and opened up a three or four goal lead, then they might have been able to play the second half much tighter and deeper and held on to the lead. As it was, they had to chase the game with leaden legs and there are few better teams than Bayern at exploiting such a favourable position. Even more so, at 4-2, when Spurs went for broke and were left with just the one remotely defensive midfielder on the pitch.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Can’t play like that against the best teams. Not with an ageing defence.

Not sure who you’re referring to. I’m not aware of Spurs fans gloating on here. I think the most we’ve done is explain things from Spurs’ point of view.
If you were on top like you say you were after 35 mins, which I don't doubt, its very very rare you use up energy, your on a wave of adrenalin.

If anything Bayern should have been the more tired side. Sorry jim but this is just an excuse, plus Bayern are an average side.

A lot of us knew if Spurs did not really go all in they would find themselves in limbo. To crack the very top you just can't continue the old business model that got them to a top 4 team. They now find themselves on the edge of a possible fall, how far? not sure but they have certainly peaked with the current squad and manager.

1, Kane is 26 now and has a some serious thinking to do about his future. This is the age he gets to have arguably his biggest transfer.

2, The manor of Trippier's departure, he couldn't get out fast enough seemingly. I will elaborate on this below.

3, The rumours of a rift due to one player sleeping with another players partner seems to have some legs. Trippier's comments totally match up with someone being diplomatic about having knowledge of something like that (the 'its none of my business but stuff happened i could not ignore' take on things). They do not seem "together" on the pitch either, it all looks very strained. If it is true or not does not really matter, what does is the lack of togetherness and possible outright animosity between certain players. You see it in their faces, strained, unhappy.

4, I don't think Pochetino will be hanging around to much longer either. He has done what he can with the funds at his disposal. At best he seems jaded a little this season. He knows Levy's plans and as much as he may respect them he is going to want a better platform sooner rather than later imo.

5, Their backup "star" (Alli) i think has been found out as a highlights merchant. Very often anonymous or injured, not the De Bruyne clone they hoped he would turn into.

6, Rose and some others have wanted out for over a season. So far they all seem to have done their job honourably, far from ideal though.

7, The performances since the beginning of the year have been more industrial than inspiring; with the thumpings dying off to more scrappy wins or indeed losses.

8, Erikson's contract is up next summer, i think he will leave. That will need a sound replacement.

I just get the impression some of the plates are wobbling now and the spinner is running out of energy to keep them all going. They need a few big changes i think to stay up to the pace.
I think they were done as a force the moment Pochettino suggested he'd have left had they won the Champions League. What a ridiculously stupid thing to say in public (even more ridiculous that he hinted at it BEFORE the final as well!).

He may have been trying to play mind games with Levy but it's had the glaringly inevitable effect of driving a wedge between him and his players. That's his problem, in my opinion; he thinks he's far more clever than he actually is.

I think they were done as a force the moment Pochettino suggested he'd have left had they won the Champions League. What a ridiculously stupid thing to say in public (even more ridiculous that he hinted at it BEFORE the final as well!).

He may have been trying to play mind games with Levy but it's had the glaringly inevitable effect of driving a wedge between him and his players. That's his problem, in my opinion; he thinks he's far more clever than he actually is.
They have got a lovely shiny new stadium though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.