Mario Balotelli

Harsh. And I'm sure Roberto Mancini thinks better of him than this too.

May be so, but no other top manager took a punt on him.

“But he had potential” isn’t an argument in favour of his apparent abilities. Adel Taarabt apparently had potential to be a world beater, but he was just shite.

Average player. Nothing more to it. He never had the talent or application to make the superstar tag happen. His passing was average, his teamwork was shite, his discipline was a problem, his hold up play average, his skill with the ball average, he wasn’t outstandingly fast, he wasn’t exactly prolific and his career total as a striker is pretty average. He could take a mean penalty and his finishing was alright.

Lovely bloke, mad man, but I remember watching him 7 times out of 10 and thinking “wtf is he doing”.

Mario had the talent, but not the application.

The other qualities you mention all come through application.

Carlton Pogbad likes to think he's Balotelli but he ain't as he's got shit hair-do's, is shite and does cringingly awful dances on social media.

Balo wore a knitted chicken hat with style.

Don't know how true this is but we did the tour a few weeks ago and the tour guy started talking about Mario. He had to go to London for some official do or whatever and this bloke asked Mario how he was getting down to the venue. Mario says he's ordered a taxi, and the tour guy said fine, but your own car is brilliant, it's a shame you aren't going in that. Mario says 'oh, I am going in my car I just don't know the way, and I can't follow the satnav, so I've hired the taxi and I'll follow him.

He was better 'n Yaya! Who was that goalie that tried to freak him out and after he'd buried it Mario just folded his arms and stared at him! We'd never have won as much if Mario had stayed but there was always summat gonna happen - like a sending off, a pen, an outrageous goal!
Weidenfeller

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.