Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at what I am actually saying here. Mendy wasn’t offended. The most abused player in the Premier League Raheem Sterling wasn’t offended. Yet, the politically correct people at Kick it Out decided the post was offensive to Mendy and black people hence were “offended on his behalf” and put Bernardo on trial.

I did look at what you said and you described the "offended by proxy" masses as right thinking.

I just dont see how anyone can be offended on someone elses behalf?

I'm not blaming them,it's there responsibility to educate,the fa has used the words aggrevated,colour and race,none of those apply,it was not about colour or race,best pals don't see colour,they should have advised the fa against that sort of language,the fact they have used those words is political,it's a city player,no-one looking at that tweet knew it's origin or back ground,they have since been on goggle,anyone with any sense would say this is out of hand now,media driven,anything sky highlight is done to force action,they have used it to ban our players before big games,they are using it to attack the club,hacking doesn't get a mention,a joke between mates lets kill the kid,there is always a bigger pic

To the protagonists involved, sure it wasn't about colour or race.

If you whispered something to your mate in a separate room, only you two will know about it.

If you shout the same thing in a room chock full of people, that whole room is going to have an opinion about what you said, even if it was 'banter'.

Some will think it's funny; some will think it's crass; some will think there's nothing wrong and some will think you two were idiots.

Nobody is wrong; except when you air it, expect the shit to fly.

But, I agree it has become political, when 'learning/ education' should apply and that's probably where KiO will come into it.

I don't recall Terry ever apologising before being dragged in front of the FA.

It makes a whole of difference that Ferdinand and he were not close friends.

And it was Englishman against Englishman, so he knew the rules. He just thought being England Cap, it would just bounce off him.

Dracula and Evra were not friends.

Our guys are close friends from two different cultures coming to England and the 'joke' was lost in translation.

This will be taken into account and I think it will be a fine and a game or two ban at max.
I don't see why the ban. Its nothing to do with the actual charge. Its like banning him from something he loves to do. Fine, apology etc OK but hitting the club because of this is way over the top. If he misses the LFC game then it's job done tbh

To the protagonists involved, sure it wasn't about colour or race.

If you whispered something to your mate in a separate room, only you two will know about it.

If you shout the same thing in a room chock full of people, that whole room is going to have an opinion about what you said, even if it was 'banter'.

Some will think it's funny; some will think it's crass; some will think there's nothing wrong and some will think you two were idiots.

Nobody is wrong; except when you air it, expect the shit to fly.

But, I agree it has become political, when 'learning/ education' should apply and that's probably where KiO will come into it.
It probably hasn’t helped that we’ve had several instances of racism via Twitter towards black players recently which have been heavily publicised/reported on.

For fucks sake, it’s not perceived as racist here apart from the fucking snowflakes, stop being so fucking sensitive

I call bullshit.

Your head's in the sand, obviously, or you don't know any Black people!

Let's experiment; print a picture of a Black caricature, you know the obligatory big lips, wide eyes, big nose (maybe with a spear like the original Bernie cartoon) and compare it to any of your Black friends.

If you were honest, you tell us if they 'laughed along'.

I will ask that of anybody who doesn't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.