Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said - regarding?
I can't quote them, as they were deleted, and I'm not going searching the records for them, but I trust fellow moderators who have made comments to that effect, and those were the timelines. I could quote the comments they made if you like, but perhaps its better I don't. Anyway you've now made 37 posts of your 180 on this single thread, and you seem to be lecturing people, like I said perhaps a change of tone would be appropriate ?

I can't quote them, as they were deleted, and I'm not going searching the records for them, but I trust fellow moderators who have made comments to that effect, and those were the timelines. I could quote the comments they made if you like, but perhaps its better I don't. Anyway you've now made 37 posts of your 180 on this single thread, and you seem to be lecturing people, like I said perhaps a change of tone would be appropriate ?
Lecturing people is what he is trained to do. My sister found that a hard practice to stop outside of the classroom. A common flaw I suspect

No change of tone needed as I will call it a day, however if I’m not allowed to speak about race and how we are allowed or not allowed to discuss it in schools, on a bluemoon forum then don’t you think that’s a little sad.

I give my full backing of Bernardo by the way.

I just let people know the situation that school teachers are in and what our younger generation, younger supporters are feeling.

if this has put some of you in distress, and the MODS obviously included, then apologies.

Was Bernardo directly racist? No
Could someone perceive it as racist if they take it out of context (I’m assuming less than 1% of people had heard of this brand before this whole escapade)? Yes
Was there any malice? No
Do people have the right to be offended? Yes
Do I think these people have overreacted? Yes

This whole episode has been about “edgy banter”. Sure it should have been kept private, but the amount of bollocks that has been spouted as a result of this has been mental. I just wish I’d have known as I’d have bought shares in that company.

As soon as it was deleted with “come on guys” it was over.

Somebody had a word he took it on the chin, put a comment out there .

That was it, not one more thing needed to be done. Self regulated & obviously educated at that moment but no, Bluemoon & podcasts had to hang him & all the media & FA jumped on him.

Has anyone considered how Mendy, Sterling & others feel? They get racially abused & then see their mate hung out to dry then they’ll go back to ignoring real issues. It’s how all cover ups are done, first you need a Patsy & that’s Bernardo.

Ultimately someone of a particular political, social persuasion with perhaps differing sensibilities is deciding on your freedom of expression.
Yeah, probably, but if I don't want trouble its better I avoid it, and heed their advice isn't it ? We have to sign an agreement about this, or we can be disciplined for not signing it, is it over the top, yes probably, but its part of our conditions of service.

My opinion is that City should give stronger advice, so some of the blame lies there.

I don't think what he did was racist, I don't think he was/is racist, I don't agree with the charges either, but I do think the club should make sure they don't get into this trouble in the first place, they have all sorts of advice available for players, and yet we allow them reasonable freedom on social media. Most of them are sensible enough to be careful, but Bernardo made an error of judgement (hindsight being a wonderful thing), and sadly he's now suffering for it.

As soon as it was deleted with “come on guys” it was over.

Somebody had a word he took it on the chin, put a comment out there .

That was it, not one more thing needed to be done. Self regulated & obviously educated at that moment but no, Bluemoon & podcasts had to hang him & all the media & FA jumped on him.

Has anyone considered how Mendy, Sterling & others feel? They get racially abused & then see their mate hung out to dry then they’ll go back to ignoring real issues. It’s how all cover ups are done, first you need a Patsy & that’s Bernardo.

Sterling in particular was hung out to dry by that Sky interview. What could he do? Hammer his teammate or hammer KIO? Total no win position for him.

I agree that it should have been self educating. Bernardo will have seen the backlash and maybe thought it was crazy, but would have told him not to do it again. Maybe he could have tweeted something along the lines of “Sorry for any offence caused. I wasn’t, in fact, relating my good friend of many years with whom I have shared lots of banter which we find funny without malice, to a dated spear wielding cartoon logo to which you are taking umbrage to. I merely thought that my good friend as a youngster looked like the current logo of an international brand. Sorry for any offence caused.

Yeah, probably, but if I don't want trouble its better I avoid it, and heed their advice isn't it ? We have to sign an agreement about this, or we can be disciplined for not signing it, is it over the top, yes probably, but its part of our conditions of service.

My opinion is that City should give stronger advice, so some of the blame lies there.

I don't think what he did was racist, I don't think he was/is racist, I don't agree with the charges either, but I do think the club should make sure they don't get into this trouble in the first place, they have all sorts of advice available for players, and yet we allow them reasonable freedom on social media. Most of them are sensible enough to be careful, but Bernardo made an error of judgement (hindsight being a wonderful thing), and sadly he's now suffering for it.
I don't think Bernardo made an error of judgment but rather those judging him have.
What advice would you have the club give, other than stay off social media where everything can cause offence. Don't liken a friend when he was a baby to the personification of a confectionary baby?
We see it differently.
Calling it a night.

No change of tone needed as I will call it a day, however if I’m not allowed to speak about race and how we are allowed or not allowed to discuss it in schools, on a bluemoon forum then don’t you think that’s a little sad.
That's not what I said, you said things about gay people and transvestites in previous posts from what I can see, so lecturing people about race isn't clever, I'm more than happy for you to comment about race, just don't lecture people was my advice ;-)

We all have things in life we don't like (liverpool is currently high on my list), I just think that we need to be careful about what we say and how we say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.