Adrian Bernabe

Good player but I fear another who isn't quite good enough for City. 100% not another Foden

I think he's much more likely to get game time at City than Poveda personally, and I know you rate him :)

Do admit it'll be difficult though. Not sure he'll ever fully breakthrough given the high level required.

I think he's much more likely to get game time at City than Poveda personally, and I know you rate him :)

Do admit it'll be difficult though. Not sure he'll ever fully breakthrough given the high level required.
I really like Bernabe. I think he's talented enough, and technically he's outstanding, but I just can't see any way he breaks into our team without going the loan/buyback route first. I think at this point we should be hoping he can get enough exposure to at least drum up some decent interest in Spain (or maybe Holland?) for next season, could be the best option for him.

Is he more of a winger or attacking mid? I know in the preseason tour he played out wide with the senior players but I seem to recall someone saying he's better off as one of the 8's

I do like Poveda as he is so much fun to watch on the ball. Goes past people for fun but somehow there isn't usually enough end product.As with Bernabe, I cant see him making it at City.

Is Bernabe a bit like a left footed Manu Garcia? Very talented , will have some special moments and even games but disappears a bit when you really want him to be more dominant in games.

I do like Poveda as he is so much fun to watch on the ball. Goes past people for fun but somehow there isn't usually enough end product.As with Bernabe, I cant see him making it at City.

Is Bernabe a bit like a left footed Manu Garcia? Very talented , will have some special moments and even games but disappears a bit when you really want him to be more dominant in games.
To be fair he seems to step up when he plays with the seniors rather than disappearing

To be fair he seems to step up when he plays with the seniors rather than disappearing
I'm with you, I disagree with most of the posters above.

Ian never looked right playing for our first team, so shy, and terrible finishing.

Bernabe takes his chances by the balls, he runs his ass off, he doesn't feel like he is inferior and plays up to their level.

Pep has played him enough that I think he has a future here.

I'm with you, I disagree with most of the posters above.

Ian never looked right playing for our first team, so shy, and terrible finishing.

Bernabe takes his chances by the balls, he runs his ass off, he doesn't feel like he is inferior and plays up to their level.

Pep has played him enough that I think he has a future here.
I agree. I think this is the major difference between the two. Poveda is so passive when he plays where as Bernabe is aggressive and plays with intent. Poveda is such a lovely, technical player though. Should've gone on loan this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.