Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, it’s banter between two very good friends, nothing more, nothing less, if anyone thinks that it’s a racist comment or racial abuse, then they need to go and give their heads a wobble, it’s a absolute farce, world has gone mad
You are not wrong there - we have situations here in NZ where apologies are being given for events that occurred 250 years ago.
One side recorded the event in their journals / logs, the other side couldn't read or write at that time so how can they prove their version of events.
But PC is the order of the day unfortunately.

Why should he be banned? The tweet / supposed offense did not occur on the field of play.
A fine should be the most penalty - especially as not one coloured soccer player has complained.

It might be an idea for all of our players and coaching staff to throw their phones into the rubbish - they will not be tempted then to post innocuous comments.
Has not one black soccer player has complained is the correct statement, try not to use the word coloured, it's derogatory, cheers. :-)

6 games ban is ridiculous. A warning or a education course is more than enough

This is a FARCE!! The FA will be running their hands at any chance to put a spanner in our PL title Defence by banning him and spouting “The FA are making a statement that racial abuse will not be accepted, and ban him for 6 games. ......unless its against Raheem Sterling.
It will destroy Bernardo, he’s the nicest player in the PL.
WE NEED TO BAN ALL journos from the ground for 3 months.
Yet again the FA interfering with social aspects of a player.
People in glass houses..... maybe they should be getting their own house in order before they start spouting ‘unprofessional’ etc. We have seen ‘professional’ use of VAR by the FA to enable them to suit themselves and their own agenda.

Last edited:
With all due respect, it’s banter between two very good friends, nothing more, nothing less, if anyone thinks that it’s a racist comment or racial abuse, then they need to go and give their heads a wobble, it’s a absolute farce, world has gone mad

For me it was very insensitive of him to think he could tweet something like that to all of his followers (plus those that would have retweeted it) and not think people would find it offensive. Very naive and ignorant of him indeed. I personally don't think he's racist but as black man I do find it uncomfortable when I see a video of him filming Mendy and asking why he is naked due to him being all in black. I'm not cool with that.

It wasn't racist, it's offended the few the few have won again. How anyone can be horribly offended by a black character on a confectionery label in Portugal is beyond me. Oh sorry, send me for some education on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.