Var debate 2019/20

VAR has enhanced the quality of decisions at fault now. It has added a tonne of pressure to officials and now they're making mistakes by refusing to allow reviews of their poor or blind judgement.

I was originally in favour of VAR but now changed my view. Yes VAR will show the on field match officials mistakes but we are still getting mistakes by the VAR officials not seeing clear & obvious errors. At the end of the day we are still getting human mistakes.

The other issue is the excitement has been lost when a team scores because we are all waiting until the restart to see whether the goal stands.
They should get rid off VAR & except that there will time from time be mistakes.

I was originally in favour of VAR but now changed my view. Yes VAR will show the on field match officials mistakes but we are still getting mistakes by the VAR officials not seeing clear & obvious errors. At the end of the day we are still getting human mistakes.

The other issue is the excitement has been lost when a team scores because we are all waiting until the restart to see whether the goal stands.
They should get rid off VAR & except that there will time from time be mistakes.

I was also in favour but now I'm not, at least in the way it's being implemented. The rationale for why VAR does or does not get involved makes sense on paper, but it's raising more questions than it solves and is now apparently turning a load of bluemooners (and other fans) into full on tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. It's also showing up how clumsy the laws of the game are, but at least "live" their fuzziness has a certain "logic".

VAR wont take away that bad taste in your mouth when you know you get shafted by the officials even though they can use a video and lines to draw the right conclusion.

VAR for all its faults I am still for it IF it is used properly. Only reviewing certain situations and not others is leading to the view that some decisions are ‘biased’. I have said previously that common sense should prevail. The question should be asked ‘would the on field officials be expected to see the offence?’ If not then carry on. Unfortunately common sense appears to be sadly lacking. Offside for someone’s big toe being offside is a case in point. Yes, strictly speaking, it is offside but would you expect an official to spot it? No, so carry on.

VAR for all its faults I am still for it IF it is used properly. Only reviewing certain situations and not others is leading to the view that some decisions are ‘biased’. I have said previously that common sense should prevail. The question should be asked ‘would the on field officials be expected to see the offence?’ If not then carry on. Unfortunately common sense appears to be sadly lacking. Offside for someone’s big toe being offside is a case in point. Yes, strictly speaking, it is offside but would you expect an official to spot it? No, so carry on.
The thing is that toe becomes a foot or a knee for how shall we say the favoured clubs and that's how it would be explained away so basically they'd manipulate to suit.

Anyway I'm here just to say, I fooking told you so. Look at my previous posts, earlier in threads about VAR.
I've always said this is just another layer of blame. It's absolute shite and will be the ruination of the game.
To all those that said I was a dinosaur and couldn't handle change. Na na na na na ;-)

Anyone who thought VAR would work was living in the clouds. Thinking it would work was believing that officials number one concern was getting decisions correct, which is blatantly untrue. Whether it be because they are bent, or just too proud to admit they are wrong, they've made it pretty fucking obvious that they don't give a shit about getting decisions right

If and it's a big if that the champions league goes all the way through to the final and not one penalty is overturned and stays with the onfield decision I will be happy
The same in the premier league after not giving the penalty at Bournemouth on silva they cannot change the decision without it looking corrupt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.