Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a guy today who is in his own words 'African descent' and said the whole thing is mad. It wasn't racist and it's the people saying it was are the ones who are probably racist. You can't be offended on behalf of someone who wasn't offended.
Unfortunately nowadays there are an awful lot of people who like to be offended on other peoples behalf.

You... you can't be serious. Honestly.

Man, I gave it to Dippers supporters deluxe over the whole Suarez and Evra saga, given the way they and their club embarrassed themselves by vehemently denying any wrong doing in that incident.

Although this situation isn't as bad, geez it's hard not to be disappointed with some of ours fans and club. Really thought that collectively, as people as much as anything, we were better than this. Doesn't seem that we are.
This situation is nothing like the dipper ****s.
Bernardo has done absolutely nothing wrong, and I know you probably get off to being morally superior to everyone (otherwise you really are wasting your life) but people like you are honestly the bane of an advanced civilization; always looking for things to browbeat people with, looking to divide and segregate everyone, creating barriers between people and telling them what they can and can’t acknowledge. looking down your nose at the uneducated and tell them how to feel from your position of privilege

Give it a fucking rest. And don’t bother responding, you’ll only call me a racist and become hysterical and impossible to talk to.

I think it’s grossly unfair to blame Bernardo for how he has ‘dealt with the situation’ in the context of him receiving a ban. He has made a mistake, deleted the tweet in a timely manner and apologised. He may have ‘caused’ the situation, but I fail to see in what way his ‘dealing with it’ is in any meaningful way, deficient.

Agree - don't think Pep or the club have done anyone any favours though.

Agree with both these comments. Pep's not Bernardo's dad, he's not his tutor. This was not an on-field thing, or even in the vicinity of the stadium. I was slightly surprised by someone as canny as Pep getting involved, to be honest. He's not reticent about stonewalling when he simply doesn't want to answer a leading question by a journalist. He's very sharp about sniffing them out. I was a bit surprised he took the bait this time. I don't think it helped Bernardo's cause, but it's not a big deal. Unless Bernardo gets a six-match ban. I personally think such a punishment would be outrageous. I put my hand on my heart and state that I would say the same if it was any other player from any other team. There's no player currently in the PL that I really dislike. Unfortunately, Costa's gone, so I've no-one to loathe, currently.
Let's see.

This situation is nothing like the dipper ****s.
Bernardo has done absolutely nothing wrong, and I know you probably get off to being morally superior to everyone (otherwise you really are wasting your life) but people like you are honestly the bane of an advanced civilization; always looking for things to browbeat people with, looking to divide and segregate everyone, creating barriers between people and telling them what they can and can’t acknowledge. looking down your nose at the uneducated and tell them how to feel from your position of privilege

Give it a fucking rest. And don’t bother responding, you’ll only call me a racist and become hysterical and impossible to talk to.

I come from a refugee family and have experienced racism all my life. Nothing has been handed to me. Don't tell me where I come from and who I am thanks.

And before stating that people are impossible to talk to, it might be best to not be the one to start the swearing, blaming, and personal attacks yourself - I haven't done as such. If you can't have a mature conversation about it, best not to post.

You... you can't be serious. Honestly.

Man, I gave it to Dippers supporters deluxe over the whole Suarez and Evra saga, given the way they and their club embarrassed themselves by vehemently denying any wrong doing in that incident.

Although this situation isn't as bad, geez it's hard not to be disappointed with some of ours fans and club. Really thought that collectively, as people as much as anything, we were better than this. Doesn't seem that we are.

Excuse me I saw I picture of one of our players as a kiddie and a cartoon character picture with the words 'guess who'. I didnt find it racist in the same way if Mendy had posted a picture of KDB as a kid and a picture of say tin tin. I didnt see as a colour thing. I am 100% not a racist perhaps that's why I didnt see it as racist, so saw it as abit of fun. Now if the comment had used racist words I would be the first to complain but say 'guess who' well if that's racist I give up.
Like I said you could turn anything into be racist if you want the snowflakes are good at that.

Racial banter all you like between mates, but don't go online/ public as other people will comment.

Granted. I concede your point. But I ask you this: Bernardo deleted the tweet, and apologised. Do you think that he merits further punishment? Given that, believe you me, with the massive furore that this has created, he'll be really down about it. If he needed educating, he's already been educated.

I come from a refugee family and have experienced racism all my life. Nothing has been handed to me. Don't tell me where I come from and who I am thanks.

And before stating that people are impossible to talk to, it might be best to not be the one to start the swearing, blaming, and personal attacks yourself - I haven't done as such. If you can't have a mature conversation about it, best not to post.
Maybe your highly regrettable experiences of genuine racism have forced your position on this debate, that the majority don't accept as a racist issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.