The change in style of English football teams. From hoofball to football on the deck.

Big Sam says it is shite. Never won a trophy Big Sam.

If Southgate thinks Fikayo Tomori, almost 22, with a grand total of 8 appearances for Chelsea is worth a place in the England squad but Foden, just 19, with 39 appearances for City and eight goals isn't then he's a bigger moron than I thought. This media narrative about Foden's game time is just bollocks. City's B team is better than 90 per cent of the international teams. Southgate is looking like just another fraud.

If Southgate thinks Fikayo Tomori, almost 22, with a grand total of 8 appearances for Chelsea is worth a place in the England squad but Foden, just 19, with 39 appearances for City and eight goals isn't then he's a bigger moron than I thought. This media narrative about Foden's game time is just bollocks. City's B team is better than 90 per cent of the international teams. Southgate is looking like just another fraud.

He's in ahead of walker also...

He's in ahead of walker also...
Yes another bizarre decision. If Southgate really thinks that Fabian Delph (on current form) is better than Foden or even Hamza Choudury who has played every match for Leicester this year then he's a fool. He has also picked Danny Rose who has been hopeless this season.

Sorry but context matters. Tomori has now a first team player, playing week in week out, growing in stature and status within the squad.

I don't know the details of Foden's appearances last season, but from the outside it looks as though he just gets the odd token appearance here and there. Based on talent alone, I'd have in there instead of Barkley, however.

Sorry but context matters. Tomori has now a first team player, playing week in week out, growing in stature and status within the squad.

I don't know the details of Foden's appearances last season, but from the outside it looks as though he just gets the odd token appearance here and there. Based on talent alone, I'd have in there instead of Barkley, however.
I am not saying Tomori is a bad player but I don't accept Southgate's "game time" argument. Foden has been the star player in the Under 21s and has more first team experience with City than Tomori has with Chelsea. Foden and Tomori don't play the same positions but it's the logic of what Southgate is saying which I doubt. Rashford is getting lots of game time in a shite United team and he's playing crap. Doesn't mean he should get in the England team. Kyle Walker has been in great form for City since last Christmas.

I am not saying Tomori is a bad player but I don't accept Southgate's "game time" argument. Foden has been the star player in the Under 21s and has more first team experience with City than Tomori has with Chelsea. Foden and Tomori don't play the same positions but it's the logic of what Southgate is saying which I doubt. Rashford is getting lots of game time in a shite United team and he's playing crap. Doesn't mean he should get in the England team. Kyle Walker has been in great form for City since last Christmas.

Your gripe is understandable, but I think context matters when looking at 'game time'. Tomori has played 6-7 consecutive games in the league and CL for Chelsea, usually being one of the best players on the pitch. You can't ignore that if you're Southgate.

Capping Hudson-Odoi last season after 3-4 EL appearances whilst ignoring Foden under the pretense that he lacks game time is a far more agreeable complaint.

The underlying gripe is fair enough, I just wanted to defend Tomori's call up, which I think is fully deserved.

I guess Comori call up is just to give him some minutes and secure him for England in the future. You guys are going to have to fight a war with Nigeria for all these football players you're taking in front of their nose, lol

Well that's the beauty of being able to afford class foreign players. Take them away and it's a cage fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.